Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 GUNS:

We liked this one more than we probably should have. It's a pretty standard plot that doesn't do or say anything really new, but Denzel and Marky Mark have fantastic chemistry together. They riff off of each other with incredible ease and great timing. Much of their dialog feels improvised on the spot, and it has an easy comedic flow to it that the wife and I really latched onto from the first scene. I'd enjoy seeing another movie with the two of them as co-leads having fun.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (second time).
    I had time to kill yesterday, so I went and saw this again in 2D. It played better this time, and a lot of my issues with it have been forgotten. I still hate that Rocket yells 90% of his lines.

And yeah, 'Spirit in the Sky' is nowhere to be seen or heard in the finished film. I wonder if it got used in a deleted scene.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    Originally posted by Martin
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Saw it a second time when I was in Texas. The more emotional beats really hit me this time.

What I thought was pretty cornball the first time was much more sincere.

Still couldn't hear some lines because of guffawing dickbutts having a good time. FUCK YOU ALL, DICKBUTTS.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Can't wait for Blu Ray so I can dickbutt in the privacy of my own home.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• AMERICAN HUSTLE I liked this. Jennifer Lawrence was perfect in this role. Bale was maybe a little too understated. Jeremy Renner was surprisingly good with the screentime he had. He managed to come across as corrupt but sincere and sympathetic all at the same time. And his character's mwethod of fundraising is totally something a Jersey politico would go for. But the scene where he kicks Irving out of his house was too restrained. No Italian-American Jersey mayor would have let him off so lightly. I suspect the severity of the real beating was toned down to make his character more likeable. Cooper was maybe a little over the top, but the interactions between him and Louis CK were comedy gold. The ice fishing story was a great recurring gag. I don't know if it's worthy of a best picture nom, but it was a well made, enjoyable film.
          I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
            AMERICAN HUSTLE I liked this. Jennifer Lawrence was perfect in this role. Bale was maybe a little too understated. Jeremy Renner was surprisingly good with the screentime he had. He managed to come across as corrupt but sincere and sympathetic all at the same time. And his character's mwethod of fundraising is totally something a Jersey politico would go for. But the scene where he kicks Irving out of his house was too restrained. No Italian-American Jersey mayor would have let him off so lightly. I suspect the severity of the real beating was toned down to make his character more likeable. Cooper was maybe a little over the top, but the interactions between him and Louis CK were comedy gold. The ice fishing story was a great recurring gag. I don't know if it's worthy of a best picture nom, but it was a well made, enjoyable film.
            100% agreed. Loved the hell out of this movie, and Iggy nailed the high points. Also, Amy Adams. DAMN.

Comment

• Watched half of that new video game doc, Video Games: The Movie, and even with the production values it seems to be all over the fucking place. Also, not one bit of new information has been learned which is due to the fact that I'm a video game trivia nerd. Also, too much Chris Hardwick and Wil Wheaton so far.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I still have 40 mins left of it, but so far it is not worth the 8 bucks I paid.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I heard it's terrible.

Comment

• it really is. I was bored. I SHOULD NOT BE BORED WHEN WATCHING A VIDEO GAME DOCUMENTARY.

Comment

• What are they documenting? The devolving of our society, in a "kids today" kind of hand wringing about how we're all going to hell in a handbasket because of the proliferation of videogames, or the games themselves.
                      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• the history of games. But I know everything already and it's just so disjointed.

Comment

• OH DO YOU KNOW EVERYTHING ALREADY
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• in regards to the history of video games that the doc presented? Yes.

Comment

• I may have poor taste in games according to some, but I know my shit. Much more so than movies, music, or anything else for the most part. Which is why I hope we can take the new site far.

Comment

• You should kickstart a vidya doc.

Good.

Bad.

It's history.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X