Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASM2- this needs about 30 minutes trimmed out (like, everything at Ravencroft could go and we wouldn't miss out on anything because Electro was so underdeveloped anyway) but I loved it. The action beats were fantastic and I love the real-world(ish) basis for the Sinister Six.

Comment

• New Apes flick.

Liked it a bunch. The CG was incredible. 3D was too subdued and wasn't worth it even though it was shot in it. Psyched to see how the next one plays out. However, this was the same plot to The Lion King. I kept waiting for Pumbaa to show up.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The Counsellor. It had a few (a VERY few) moments, but for the most part, this movie was a mess. It was rambling and all over the place. It was like they were trying to do the Quwntin Tarantino shoot out of sequnce bit, but weren't doing it right. All the people except the protagonist had all these deep, heavy things to say that made absolutely no fucking sense and came totally out of left field. The landfill scene was pretty effective, as was the delivery to the hotel room at the end, and there were a few good decapitations (which always scores a mivie points, IMO). Otherwise, pretty much a waste.
        I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
          It was like they were trying to do the Quwntin Tarantino shoot out of sequnce bit, but weren't doing it right. ). Otherwise,
          I have yet to see this so I can't agree or disagree but I'd like to make "Quwntin Tarantino" the official new spelling of QT's name here. It may be due to lack of oxygen thanks to my workout, but I died when I read that out loud.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Damn fat, uncoordinated fingwrs!
            I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Dawn o' the Ape.

What a great continuation. From the evolution of the apes to the regression of humanity, in their quiet moments they are not so different (you and I). Fella from Brotherhood did alright as the protagonist, and really, everyone had great little moments, human and ape alike. I was mercilessly attacked by the feels during the mirrored moments of Caesar and Oldman looking back through their lives in photos and film, what they lost and what they became through incredible hardship. Really great stuff there.

As our great leader said, the CG is indeed incredible. Scant moments where it stumbled a bit (the bag drop at the first act, the first few shots of the apes by firelight).

Maurice will always be the most awesome one of all. Caesar is fantastic, as is Koba, but man, Maurice is just cool as ice.

What the hell that kid was doing showing him a fucking Charles Burns comic is beyond me. He's gonna end up confused as hell.

Bookending the show with the eyes of Caesar was a nice touch. I can't wait to see the next chapter.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• First Blood Part II
                The Passion of the Christ
                Apocalypse Now
                Captain Ron
                Master of the Flying Guillotine

all for research
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                  Maurice is just cool as ice.
                  RUN.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• that was a great moment.

Comment

• I just want a full apes movie with no fucking humans. Or I want them to go back to the 70's and be put in a circus.

Comment

• That'd be great, but of course, Caesar's gonna have to waste some real ass dudes in the next one.

(Man I hope for another time jump.)
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Transformers 4: The Age of Fuck You

I saw this with my 6 years old son.

Here's the main positive point: it makes Transformers 2 look great.

Seriously, it's all-around poop. I really liked the first movie, and the 3rd was ok, but the 4th is just bad. The story makes no fucking sense at all ( some secret CIA ops kills all the Autobots and Decepticon, while telling the White House that they only hunt Decepticon, while being aided by a TRANSFORMER BOUNTY HUNTER?).

The actors are all pretty terrible, form Walhberger being bland to Kelsey Grammar being a terrible CIA villain. And Tucci is so wasted. Random unknown Chinese actors shows up.

And it's looooooooooong. So looooooooooooong. My son told me halfway through: it's boring.

Worst of all, The Dinobots. They show up 5 minutes. AT THE END. Most hilarious is the way Optimus gains their loyalty: he frees them from the bounty hunter, and proceed to tell them that hey are free. BUT IF THEY DONT JOIN HIM TO KICK ASS THEY ARE AGAINST HIM AND OPTIMUS WILL KICK THEIR ASS, AND THEN PROCEED TO DO SO, BUT HEY, DINOBOTS ARE FREE!!!

Nearly 3 hours of my life I won't ever get back.
                          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Snowpiercer was fucking awesome. I need to watch The Postman, Snowpiercer, and Waterworld in an awesome triple feature.

Comment

• TF4 is in no way worse than TF2. NO WAY.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                                Snowpiercer - not a masterpiece as Anderson said but it's damned good. The music for the one battle scene is perfect and Evans is really good in it. I'd recommend it for sure.
                                It's pretty fucking close to being added to my list of: FUCK YEAH MOVIES

seriously

Comment

Working...
                                X