Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonna watch it on Saturday. So pumped. I hope I don't accidentally karate kick the kid into a wall.

Comment

• True story: I was watching THE RAID 2 by myself after work last night, thoroughly enjoying it. My wife is out with some friends for an 'after work girl's night out' kinda thing, so I have the volume just cranked on our theater system. I'm at the climax of the film (midway through the hallway fight with Hammer Girl and Baseball Bat Guy) when I hear the garage door go up. I turn down the volume and finishe off the scene. The scene afterwards is THE FIGHT, and I pause the movie right when he enteres the kitchen.

So, the wife comes upstairs...we chat, she vents, she decompresses from work and being out with the girls...and she asks me what I'm watching. I tell her it's just some action movie. Say, do you wanna sit down and watch this fight scene with me? Sure, why not.

So yeah, she sits down and watches THE FIGHT with zero context, clueless to what's going to happen.

I am so mean sometimes.
      Last edited by Matt; 07-10-2014, 02:40 PM.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      Originally posted by Martin
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        The Buddy Holly Story as per Anderson's request. It wasn't bad but nothing happened for like 2 hours. Busey was pretty good though.

I wish I watched La Bamba again.
        And this is why we can't have nice things.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• YOU'RE NEXT- You're dumb. Sure, there are a couple kills that are "good" but it's not a very good movie. It's got the slowest start (after the initial teaser) to any slasher movie I've seen in a while. I'm not gonna spoiler this next part because it's not worth your time anyway- the reveal that the killers are ex-military is LOL WUT because they get SCHOOLED full time by Little Miss Outback.

Comment

• That movie is doodoo.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
              YOU'RE NEXT- You're dumb. Sure, there are a couple kills that are "good" but it's not a very good movie. It's got the slowest start (after the initial teaser) to any slasher movie I've seen in a while. I'm not gonna spoiler this next part because it's not worth your time anyway- the reveal that the killers are ex-military is LOL WUT because they get SCHOOLED full time by Little Miss Outback.
              Ex-Moldavian military?

Or did they go to the Vin Military Academy?
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                Ex-Moldavian military?

Or did they go to the Vin Military Academy?
                None of them took a shot to the mouth if that's what you're asking.

"Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• It might have been better if they left the killers as creepy-masked cyphers you know nothing about. But there was another movie like that in the past couple years and I don't remember that one being very good, either.

Comment

• BLACK ROCK- Chalupa Batman's mom stars in and directs a take on THE MOST DANGEROUS GAME with cute girls. It's really good. Pretty tense and, in a rarity these days, has a tight running time. It's only an hour and fifteen minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                      And this is why we can't have nice things.
                      For reals though, Buddy's life wasn't all that interesting. There were no hookers, biker gangs, major fights. Then they just cut to :"AND THEN HE DIED"
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                        For reals though, Buddy's life wasn't all that interesting. There were no hookers, biker gangs, major fights. Then they just cut to :"AND THEN HE DIED"

I like the movie because if you know anything about Holly's life, the movie is insane. They did a biopic about a guy where all they got right was material on the public record.

They made up 90% of the movie. I love the insanity of that shit.
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• and see I know nothing of Buddy Holly which is why I just assumed he was boring as fuck.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• But like I said, Busey rocked in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                              I like the movie because if you know anything about Holly's life, the movie is insane. They did a biopic about a guy where all they got right was material on the public record.

They made up 90% of the movie. I love the insanity of that shit.
                              Yep.

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                              But like I said, Busey rocked in it.
                              And Yep.

EDIT: I was always intrigued by the trade off with Waylon Jennings. I mean, what would the Dukes of Hazard theme song have been had that not happened?
                              Last edited by B_Metal; 07-12-2014, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• Snowpiercer - not a masterpiece as Anderson said but it's damned good. The music for the one battle scene is perfect and Evans is really good in it. I'd recommend it for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X