Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transformers 4.

I never thought I'd say this...but....this needed at LEAST 40-45 mins cut the fuck out of it. WAY TOO LONG. And I love me some giant robots who also ride giant robot dinosaur stories. Marky Mark wasn't bad, he was just Marky. was bummed that
      Spoiler: spoilers 
    TJ Miller got liquid metalized in the beginning
    , the girl was a step up (Acting wise) on the shitty model from the 3rd, and the Autobots were pretty awesome. DInobots were THE SHIT, Goodman rocked, loved Watanabe as the samurai, Fraiser was having fun, and Tucci made me laugh.

I still think the battle in the 3rd one is the high mark for me though. And yeah, I'm gonna say it, I missed Shia.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• THE ARMSTRONG LIE

One hell of a documentary on Lance Armstrong. The guy who made it was originally making a positive documentary around the time of Lance's comeback in 2009. He was finishing it off when the whole scandal broke, so he shelved it. He got Lance to open up about the lie, so he finished it off with some candid interviews with Lance talking about the lie and its context. As such, the film juxtaposes Lance lying to everyone (and he's an amazing showman) with him telling the truth. Fascinating.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
        THE ARMSTRONG LIE

One hell of a documentary on Lance Armstrong. The guy who made it was originally making a positive documentary around the time of Lance's comeback in 2009. He was finishing it off when the whole scandal broke, so he shelved it. He got Lance to open up about the lie, so he finished it off with some candid interviews with Lance talking about the lie and its context. As such, the film juxtaposes Lance lying to everyone (and he's an amazing showman) with him telling the truth. Fascinating.
        Just saw this too. Very interesting guy. Hateable, but ........
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Hateable indeed. He comes off as quite simply THE most arrogant man on the face of the Earth. Fascinating story, though. To his credit, he's surprisingly candid about the lie once it's exposed (except for the hospital visit with his teammate and his wife). It's really not a story about doping...it's a story about power.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
            Hateable indeed. He comes off as quite simply THE most arrogant man on the face of the Earth. Fascinating story, though. To his credit, he's surprisingly candid about the lie once it's exposed (except for the hospital visit with his teammate and his wife). It's really not a story about doping...it's a story about power.
            Very well put. Yeah, the ball on that guy!
            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Yeah, I repped ya on that one.

Comment

• I hadda rep Nathan for that. I just hadda.

Comment

• Coneheads.

Still holds up in my opinion. Dan and Jane are fun to watch still (always loved Curtin) and all of the cameos still make me laugh. Would still totally love to rub cones with the daughter (Michelle Burke is smoking)and I only now realized that her and her friends are basically a mini-Dazed and Confused reunion Their planet and final "battle" is still great. DAT STOPMOTION CREATURE
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Always had a thing for the daughter.

Comment

• Kick Ass. I liked it for its honesty, in the way the protagonist was handled. But I kept thinking, even up to the very end, that the "expected" redemption for him was going to happen. This left me feeling a bit unsatisfied. At first. But I come to respect it more the more I think about it. A ballsy move. It also, as Rerb mentioned earlier, had a lot of heart and a sense of humor. Think I'll give 2 a watch some time.
                      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Don't Iggy.

It's a mess.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                          Transformers 4.

I never thought I'd say this...but....this needed at LEAST 40-45 mins cut the fuck out of it. WAY TOO LONG. And I love me some giant robots who also ride giant robot dinosaur stories. Marky Mark wasn't bad, he was just Marky. was bummed that
                            Spoiler: spoilers 
                          TJ Miller got liquid metalized in the beginning
                          , the girl was a step up (Acting wise) on the shitty model from the 3rd, and the Autobots were pretty awesome. DInobots were THE SHIT, Goodman rocked, loved Watanabe as the samurai, Fraiser was having fun, and Tucci made me laugh.

I still think the battle in the 3rd one is the high mark for me though. And yeah, I'm gonna say it, I missed Shia.
                          Missed Shia? not enough NO NO NO NO NO NO?

Man, I just don't know if I should see this with my son. Maybe at 5$ tickets on a tuesday.
                          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• THE RAID 2

I just got my ass kicked. HARD. Holy shit.

Comment

• The Buddy Holly Story as per Anderson's request. It wasn't bad but nothing happened for like 2 hours. Busey was pretty good though.

I wish I watched La Bamba again.

Comment

• Busey is amazing in that movie.

But F everything else and watch THE RAID 2. It will change your life. It's not just a great action movie, it's also a surprisingly solid gangster film. But the fights...holy shit, there's a kitchen fight at the end of the movie that runs 6-7 minutes that is just brutal as hell and absolutely convincing in every single way. It'll make every top 10 list for 'best movie fight' from now until the end of time, trust me.

Comment

Working...
                                X