Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRAND PIANO- it's kinda "PHONE BOOTH in a concert hall" but I really liked it. There are a few logistical leaps inherent in any movie like this but Wood and Cusack spar well and there are a lot of fancy camera tricks to keep me interested. And Bill S. Preston, Esquire!

(also, everyone should check out TIMECRIMES by the same director. Both on the Netflix Instant.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
      I thought that was Roman Reigns for a minute.
      My wife and I both noted a resemblance as well.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• CBGB. don't know why this exists. Blah.
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• KICK-ASS 2 - I enjoyed it, though not quite to the extent of the original. Lots of action, very little drag in the story (there's some bloat, and a few characters could've been excised), and some nice character beats here and there (Hit-Girl's quest to be a normal girl, for example). The film, however, is missing some of the heart from the first film - it does feel like more of a money grab - though some of the events that happen in the last third do pluck the heartstrings a bit, and you start to care about the characters more.

Also, liked how there was acknowledgement to the real-world superheroes fad from a couple of years back - "superheroes" feeding the homeless, busting up petty crimes, and so on.

Worth a watch.

Comment

• ELYSIUM- Meh. I was impressed with the robots/drones but that's about it. I wasn't sure if they were practical or CG but they moved incredibly lifelike.

JURASSIC PARK- this is the only movie I've see multiple times in a theater. It's still great. I'm pretty excited to see what they do with the new movie.

Comment

• I watched Elysium too, and I dug it. The CGI/FX are outstanding. I was really into it until Krueger's weird change of heart at the end.

GI Joe 2 - Such an awesome cast. RZA, Ray Stevenson, Walton Goggins. What I would give for this movie rated R.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                GI Joe 2 - Such an awesome cast. RZA, Ray Stevenson, Walton Goggins. What I would give for this movie rated R.
                Or to be entertaining.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• BERNIE

I liked it, didn't love it. It was fun to see Jack Black be in a movie where he isn't playing a variant on Jack Black; he went up a notch in my eyes. McConaughey was awesome in the small role that he had, and the rest of the supporting cast was rock solid as well. It's just such a trifle that it's hard to get jazzed about it. I'll recommend watching it, but not fervently.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Jek Blek was outstanding and Linklater captured small town Texas perfectly.

It's a little uneven but still highly watchable just for the townie interviews.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The townie interviews were what made the film. Some great stuff in there.
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

Or to be entertaining.
                        this.

the cast was great but the movie was ehhhh

I did fucking LOVE Cobra Commander though.

I want Serpentor in the next one. Make him do a Scientology based cult thing with snakes and shit. That would be the bees knees
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Or to be entertaining.
                          I found the Joe's (except Willis) to be fun and entertaining. Commander sucked. I imagine it would have been way more fun if JGL stayed in the role.

Comment

• Commander was great but I think it was because I was so jazzed he had the right costume this time. JGL would have been better obviously, but only if he had the same costume dammit.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The MVP of that last JOE film was Jonathan Pryce. He needs to do more roles like that going forward.

Comment

• Yup, Pryce was good too. Stevenson's ridiculous good ole boy accent was a delight.

Comment

Working...
                                X