Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
    Sinister is so much better than Warrior.

#FuckWarrior4lyfe
    Wait whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Warrior is outstanding.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• We've been over this already.

Billy has an uncontrollable rageboner for Warrior. Just accept that it isn't going to go soft.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I just remembered. Oh well.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
          We've been over this already.

Billy has an uncontrollable rageboner for Warrior. Just accept that it isn't going to go soft.
          Not as much as I do for Nathan Lane, baby.

Comment

• What I love about this place is that Russ was being nice in recounting the good/bad(not really) of Howard's legacy and all it did was remind everyone about the Lane connection that we all had forgotten about.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Yeah. The joke continues to spite me.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Trejo View Post
                Okay so fuck, lawnmower indeed. And garage indeed. All of the home videos in Sinister were eerie as fuck, and the score to them.. Unsettling. Give me a movie of that shit and i'll eat it up. But they all happened very early and besides the videos I didn't find that it had much teeth. The twist, if you could even call it that, was obvious really early on and while I enjoyed the movie it was just lacking in the scares department. More of a atmoshere movie, which is totally cool, but I guess the talk about this and the Conjuring gave me the wrong expectation, and
                  Spoiler: Spoils? 
                all the ghost kid stuff wasnt scary

Appreciated the ending not being a cop out,
                  Spoiler: Spoils!! 
                actually its funny that the poster is sort of a spoiler for the end of the movie
                and it bears repeating : Mother fucking lawnmower. I was waiting the whole movie for it to show up and still fucked me up

I needed another lawnmower to put this over the top for me, but I did enjoy it and glad for the recommendations
                Agreed that the home vids were clearly the best part of Sinister. However, the minutiae that he teases out of them with repeated viewing was, I think, kind of a clever way of continually insinuating them into the narrative.
                I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• The Counsellor

Maybe its just cos I'm an above it all pretentious cunt, but I quite enjoyed this. It's wanky at times, but then that's McCarthy. No Country has some pretty wanky stuff in it too. What I liked about this was its unrepentant mean streak. Having really low expectations probably helped and its nothing particularly original in its story or conclusions, but it didn't deserve the drubbing it got in most circles.
                  I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                    The Counsellor

Maybe its just cos I'm an above it all pretentious cunt, but I quite enjoyed this. It's wanky at times, but then that's McCarthy. No Country has some pretty wanky stuff in it too. What I liked about this was its unrepentant mean streak. Having really low expectations probably helped and its nothing particularly original in its story or conclusions, but it didn't deserve the drubbing it got in most circles.

I hated it at first, but I'm warming up to it. I still find Diaz to be the weakest link by far.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Troy, The Counsellor or Snowpiercer for tonight if you had to choose?
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                        Troy, The Counsellor or Snowpiercer for tonight if you had to choose?

Well, it's The Counselor since it wasn't a British production. Both movies deserve a second approach, but they both suffer from a lacking take on the original material.

Great ideas, iffy execution = an odd film experience, but one worth having.

I'd give them both a shot, if this is your first time with them.
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• OLDBOY, a Spike Lee remake- basically just a remake for people too dumb/lazy to do readin' at the movin' picture show. It's not bad at all, mostly just pointless because the original is so good. I do appreciate that Lee tried to add some depth of field to the hammer fight since he wasn't going to top the original. But I can't remember the very end of the original- did Daesu make the same choice as Joe?

Comment

• Still haven't finished Lee's version. It just lacked the style to pull off such grim material without making it ugly.

Finally saw Two Mules for Sister Sara. Really good fun with Eastwood and MacLaine at the peak of their charm and another awesome Morricone score backing them up. The blu ray image is exceptional if anyone's in the market. Good to have scratched off another Don Siegel film.
                            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Still haven't finished Lee's version. It just lacked the style to pull off such grim material without making it ugly.

Finally saw Two Mules for Sister Sara. Really good fun with Eastwood and MacLaine at the peak of their charm and another awesome Morricone score backing them up. The blu ray image is exceptional if anyone's in the market. Good to have scratched off another Don Siegel film.
                              One of the best Morricone scores ever. Any Siegel is good Siegel.

Spike Lee's Oldboy is much like the two films we were discussing earlier. An interesting take on far superior source material. However, a mismatch of talents produces something that just sorta exists.

Nowhere near as bad as some claim, but it's lifeless.

Comment

The Counsellor

love the avatar, the status, and this message. Kudos Ben.
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X