Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, but it's always a case of waiting for reviews.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• FWIW, I liked Sinister a lot more. LAWNMOWER indeed.
      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
        FWIW, I liked Sinister a lot more. LAWNMOWER indeed.
        awww wyeahhhhhh
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Under the Skin.

Read the book. Saw the movie.

Spoiler: might ruin it 
          To make her more relatable, I assume they excised the dialogue between her superiors and herself, and it made for a more satisfying experience to piece together the alien quality of their communication with one another. That and leaving out the detail of much more horrible moments.

Enjoyed how they changed the final minutes to give it a much more terrifying sort of revelation at the end, that the understanding of what it means to live with the human condition was something Johansson's character finally understood once the game was over, that beyond the surface of things for most is pain and suffering. The end passage in the book as presented here was much more poignant and sad.

How Glazer executed the concept of the kill room was simply amazing to behold, as was the harvesting sequence.

I wish I could see this on a bigger screen.

Those violins that kept creeping in instantly reminded me of the piano cue utilized in Eyes Wide Shut.
          Last edited by Captain Russ; 06-24-2014, 07:10 PM.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• 30 mins into WWZ unrated. I wanted something funny to watch. This is fitting the bill so far.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Shit, really dug Conjuring but haven't seen Sinister yet

WTF is up with lawnmower? I'll be watching this ASAP based on the comments here
              XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• LAWNMOWER is better than all of WWZ.

What a meh movie. Like I hated the book, loved the idea, and still love the idea in the movie, but everything I wanted to see was shown at the very end in a 3 minute scene with Brad Pitt monologing. Fucking boring. And this was the unrated version. I want to know what was cut for the theatrical.

Meh. Zack Snyder did better in the first 10 mins of Dawn than this did in the first 40 mins.

Will give props to the "anthill" scene. But only for the idea, not for the shitty execution.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                  Under the Skin.

Read the book. Saw the movie.

Spoiler: might ruin it 
                  To make her more relatable, I assume they excised the dialogue between her superiors and herself, and it made for a more satisfying experience to piece together the alien quality of their communication with one another. That and leaving out the detail of much more horrible moments.

Enjoyed how they changed the final minutes to give it a much more terrifying sort of revelation at the end, that the understanding of what it means to live with the human condition was something Johansson's character finally understood once the game was over, that beyond the surface of things for most is pain and suffering. The end passage in the book as presented here was much more poignant and sad.

How Glazer executed the concept of the kill room was simply amazing to behold, as was the harvesting sequence.

I wish I could see this on a bigger screen.

Those violins that kept creeping in instantly reminded me of the piano cue utilized in Eyes Wide Shut.
                  So looking forward to this one.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Okay so fuck, lawnmower indeed. And garage indeed. All of the home videos in Sinister were eerie as fuck, and the score to them.. Unsettling. Give me a movie of that shit and i'll eat it up. But they all happened very early and besides the videos I didn't find that it had much teeth. The twist, if you could even call it that, was obvious really early on and while I enjoyed the movie it was just lacking in the scares department. More of a atmoshere movie, which is totally cool, but I guess the talk about this and the Conjuring gave me the wrong expectation, and
                      Spoiler: Spoils? 
                    all the ghost kid stuff wasnt scary

Appreciated the ending not being a cop out,
                      Spoiler: Spoils!! 
                    actually its funny that the poster is sort of a spoiler for the end of the movie
                    and it bears repeating : Mother fucking lawnmower. I was waiting the whole movie for it to show up and still fucked me up

I needed another lawnmower to put this over the top for me, but I did enjoy it and glad for the recommendations

Comment

• Sinister is bit predictable, but well executed. The home videos are scary as hell.

Comment

• For anyone that hasn't seen it, Sinister is on cable right now. I think The Movie Channel.

Comment

• It kinda reminds me of Warrior in the sense that it's predictable, but so well executed that you'll forget that fact.

Now, I'm not saying Sinister is a better movie than Warrior, cause it ain't, but you get my point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trejo View Post
                            Okay so fuck, lawnmower indeed. And garage indeed. All of the home videos in Sinister were eerie as fuck, and the score to them.. Unsettling. Give me a movie of that shit and i'll eat it up. But they all happened very early and besides the videos I didn't find that it had much teeth. The twist, if you could even call it that, was obvious really early on and while I enjoyed the movie it was just lacking in the scares department. More of a atmoshere movie, which is totally cool, but I guess the talk about this and the Conjuring gave me the wrong expectation, and
                              Spoiler: Spoils? 
                            all the ghost kid stuff wasnt scary

Appreciated the ending not being a cop out,
                              Spoiler: Spoils!! 
                            actually its funny that the poster is sort of a spoiler for the end of the movie
                            and it bears repeating : Mother fucking lawnmower. I was waiting the whole movie for it to show up and still fucked me up

I needed another lawnmower to put this over the top for me, but I did enjoy it and glad for the recommendations

I agree with all of your points. I guess after being burned by Insidious (which I still hate thanks to the terrible 3rd act) I ended up liking this much more than I thought. And for reals, LAWNMOWER.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                              It kinda reminds me of Warrior in the sense that it's predictable, but so well executed that you'll forget that fact.

Now, I'm not saying Sinister is a better movie than Warrior, cause it ain't, but you get my point.
                              Sinister is so much better than Warrior.

#FuckWarrior4lyfe

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                                I agree with all of your points. I guess after being burned by Insidious (which I still hate thanks to the terrible 3rd act) I ended up liking this much more than I thought. And for reals, LAWNMOWER.
                                Oh god, Insidious. Sinister is the Citizen Kane of horror compared to Insidious. And the sequel is so fucking awful that it somehow manages to make the original look great in retrospect. The GF, who is normally always scared by these kinds of movies, spent the whole time heckling I2 and parts of it are now a running joke in the household.

Sinister loses some of it teeth beyond the home videos, Insidious 2 is gumming it up start to finish

Comment

Working...
                                X