Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night of the Living Dead.

Still awesome.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Escape from Tomorrow

What the fuck?
      XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• Godzilla: King of the Monsters (1956). Watched this with my son. I haven't seen this in decades. Still holds up remarkably well, reboot in RealD 3D notwithstanding. The B & W is surprisingly forgiving of the relatively primitive FX (by today's standards, anyway). You only KNOW it's a guy in a rubber suit a few times, and the military hardware and cityscape almost never look like toys. The scene where he melts the high tension towers with his fire breath also looks incredible, particularly given the time this movie was made. And the ending was even better than I remembered. The boy loved it, too. Gotta get this on DVD. The Smog Monster, too.
        I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Training Dragons 2: Jay Baruchel Is Terrible Edition.

An angry black man with a pretty one-dimensional desire to antagonize everything in whitey's land of perfect harmony is foiled by whitey coming together as one people.

What I took away from the lesson here is it's okay to murder as long as you were brainwashed during the time of said murder.

This could all be a subtextual jab at the OJ trials. It is the anniversary after all.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Gotta rewatch the '54 Godzilla - thanks, Ig!

Maleficent - pretty damn good for an alternate take on the Sleeping Beauty tale. Jolie was having fun making this, owning every scene she was in. Visually, it's a lush, well-realized world, heavy on the CG. Story/pacing wise it's pretty tight - very little drag, events flow nicely, and is pretty well-written, though there are a couple of holes that had me scratching my head. Jolie somehow winds up in a Black Widow-esque outfit during the climax which had me wondering if a Malefcicent action figure is in the offering.

Definitely worth a watch, yo.

Also caught Ender's Game on cable last night - not bad, but there's a bit of blandness to the whole thing. Again, some holes that made no sense to me, but since I haven't read much of Card's body of work, I can't say for sure if I'm right in my thinking or not.

Comment

• 22 Jumpstreet

Amazing. Slows from time to time, but always picks up and gets more insane. Loved it.

Also has the best endjng montage of all time.
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Attempted to watch R.I.P.D. Turned it off 30 mins into it once I realized I was watching Men in Black with out 2 leads who were fun to watch. Jeff Bridges was fucking terrible.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• THE SIGNAL - Laurence Fishburne was in one movie, everyone else was in a bad one.

JERSEY BOYS - Eastwood's best directing effort since Mystic River. Walken is strong as hell in it. Possible Oscar nominee.

SNOWPIERCER - Finally saw it. Great ideas, shit for execution.

DAYS OF FUTURE PAST - Listening to my wife's running commentary on it. Taking notes that will later inform the X-Men Project.

RED RIVER - Really weird to hear it without narration.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                    Attempted to watch R.I.P.D. Turned it off 30 mins into it once I realized I was watching Men in Black with out 2 leads who were fun to watch. Jeff Bridges was fucking terrible.
                    I'm partway thru this myself. Probably fnish it tonight. I'm not loving it by any means, but I don't hate it. It's no MiB, but I think Bridges is halfway amusing.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• I caught the last 20 minutes of RIPD the other day. It looked terrible and Bridges was borderline unwatchable.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Sucks on The Signal, I was hoping it would be decent.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                          I caught the last 20 minutes of RIPD the other day. It looked terrible and Bridges was borderline unwatchable.
                          Yeah, by the second half I think I agree. Bridges definitely gets worse as the film plods along. Apart from just wanting to know what the gold was, I didn't care about a single thing or person in this film.

Comment

• was the gold some sort of ancient evil thing?

Comment

• Tucker and Dale vs Evil

That was funny. Light, fun, entertaining. And, well, I'm a huge Alan Tudyk fan, so....
                              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Love the bees/chainsaw gag.
                                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Working...
                                X