Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edge of Tomorrow is fucking fantastic guys. Go see it. What the promos can't convey is how witty it is. Some pretty big laughs and Cruise and Blunt play off each other really well. It isn't over-long, the effects and action beats all work and are pretty excellent and it manages to stay surprising until the final few minutes. Really satisfying and I'd put this at the top of the summer movies so far. Also, Bill Paxton.
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Hoping I can convince my niece to go see it with me tomorrow.

Comment

• The more I think about the ending to Edge of Tomorrow, the more it pisses me off. Loved the rest of it, though.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Lesley wasn't too hot on this but now that I know Paxton is in it, we'll be seeing this in ROB-O-VISION this weekend.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• If I get out of the hospital early enough tomorrow, I'm gonna try and sneak that in for a matinee showing.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I would actually skip the 3d - it's a hectic film and the speed of the action scenes could be blurry and disorientating in 3d. I saw it in 2d though, so I could be wrong.

Yeah, the final minutes are the weakest, but it played everything so right up to that point that they didn't deflate the whole thing for me and I really liked the final scene.
              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• The positive buzz for this is catching on and getting out to the mainstream. I've had a few people ask me (as the movie guy) about it. It may do better than expected.
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Cool. I wanted to see that. Good to know it's the goods.
                  BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Yeah, 3D might be overkill.

I counted a handful of moments where I could see what the hell the mimics looked like (angler fish crossed with the dreadlock demons from Hellboy).

It was pretty enjoyable, and seeing Cruise play a chickenshit for a reel or so was something new.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                      . . . the speed of the action scenes could be blurry and disorientating . . .
                      You mean, "Disorienting".

Dammit.

Saw the trailer for this before Spidey 2 and Godzilla, and it does look good. I may wait for On Demand, tho. So many movies to see this summer. . . .
                      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                        RobotCop

This wasn't terrible. It shits out in the last act, but up to that point, this is a very solid update and interesting, well-written script for Keaton and Oldman especially to have fun with. They just crippled it by calling him Alex Murphy. Cos he isn't Alex Murphy. He has none of his character traits, other than being a cop with a wife and a kid. And this isn't even OCP. So just make it about a different RoboCop, make it a sidequel and you can have your cake and eat it.

I did actually enjoy it quite a bit and I liked a couple of the action scenes a fair bit too. It just feels so compromised by a committee mentality when there's clearly a worthwhile film in here somewhere.

I actually really fucking dug this. Ceej, Lesley and I just watched it and we had a blast with it. This didn't need to be "Robocop" but the new ideas they added (and by that I mean aped from every science fiction novel ever) were pretty badass to see on screen. The scene where Alex says to Morton"show me" was fucking spectacular.

Keaton was great, Barchauclaruld (the guy that is only in like 3 Apatow things and who I really like) was nice, and the action was pretty decent. Jackson was laughable, Freddy Krueger was Elysium'ing all over the place, and I was sad that Omar had nothing to do.

Ceej and I loved the shout outs to the original: theme, "dead or alive...", and "I'd buy that for a dollar" made us happy.
                        But this is in no way even close to the original or even Robocop 2 (which is still awesome). But on it's own it definitely has something going for it even if it's muddled.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Agree with everything but the shoutouts. Basically, everything apart from OmniCorp that was a direct reference to the original should have been altered and I would have far fewer problems with it.

And, Ig we've done this before:

disorientate
                          dɪsˈɔːrɪɛnteɪt/
                          verb
                          British
                          gerund or present participle: disorientating

cause (someone) to lose their sense of direction.
                          "when he emerged into the street he was totally disorientated"
                          synonyms: confused, bewildered, perplexed, nonplussed, at a loss, (all) at sea, in a state of confusion, in a muddle; More
                          lost, adrift, astray, off-course, off-track, having lost one's bearings, going round in circles;
                          informal - all over the place, not knowing whether one is coming or going;
                          archaic - wildered, mazed
                          "when he emerged into the street he was completely disorientated"
                          make (someone) feel confused.
                          "being near him made her feel weak and disorientated"

Comment

• hahaha, TIME FOR GRAMMAR STUDIES WITH BEN

Comment

• Always picture Ben suiting up in proper British schoolmaster attire when he has us get our learn on.

Ben Thomas = Prof. James Edwards. THWACK!

Comment

• Ben is schooling us.

PAY ATTENTION!

BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                                X