Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    Odd Thomas. Stephen Sommers's take on a Dean Koontz book starring Anton Yelchin and Willim Dafoe.

Not bad. Addison Timlin (I believe that's her name) is now on my list. Smoking hot. It felt like an alternate take on Constantine. Felt a bit hampered by budget, but I was entertained.
    Was kicking that one around but it felt so MEH from the write up and cover photo. Netflix be like that though.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Anyone ever read any Odd Thomas books? Are they worth the time? Not big on latter day Koontz, but some of the old school stuff rocked most righteously.
      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• RobotCop

This wasn't terrible. It shits out in the last act, but up to that point, this is a very solid update and interesting, well-written script for Keaton and Oldman especially to have fun with. They just crippled it by calling him Alex Murphy. Cos he isn't Alex Murphy. He has none of his character traits, other than being a cop with a wife and a kid. And this isn't even OCP. So just make it about a different RoboCop, make it a sidequel and you can have your cake and eat it.

I did actually enjoy it quite a bit and I liked a couple of the action scenes a fair bit too. It just feels so compromised by a committee mentality when there's clearly a worthwhile film in here somewhere.
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• oh shit Ben. Am I going to have to see this?
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Ben liked the Robocop sequel? What in the FUCK?

Yo, lay off the drugs man!
            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Rob, there isn't an ounce of Verhoeven in the whole film (it is noticeably bloodless), but it's by no means a dumb, soulless remake a la Total Recall. There's some interesting stuff in here and the scenes between Keaton and Oldman just shows how out of their depth Kinnaman and Cornish are. I just wish they had set it within a different set of characters to Verhoeven's film.
              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                Rob, there isn't an ounce of Verhoeven in the whole film (it is noticeably bloodless), but it's by no means a dumb, soulless remake a la Total Recall. There's some interesting stuff in here and the scenes between Keaton and Oldman just shows how out of their depth Kinnaman and Cornish are. I just wish they had set it within a different set of characters to Verhoeven's film.

I liked the Total Recall remake.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Um, ok. But it's pretty by the numbers for a 2nd generation Philip K Dick adaptation, is all I'm saying. When an Arnie film has more depth, you're in trouble.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                    Rob, there isn't an ounce of Verhoeven in the whole film (it is noticeably bloodless), but it's by no means a dumb, soulless remake a la Total Recall. There's some interesting stuff in here and the scenes between Keaton and Oldman just shows how out of their depth Kinnaman and Cornish are. I just wish they had set it within a different set of characters to Verhoeven's film.
                    I dug Total Recall only because I divorced myself from both the PKD story AND the Arnie movie.

But the love for Keaton and Oldman has me interested. Will check it out on demand when it hits.

But it's bloodless? How in the fuck is that possible? Is he only shooting robots?
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Ahem. And a taser.

Comment

• hurm...

Is Keaton/Oldman in it more than 10 mins?

Comment

• They're half the film.

Comment

• I've heard that they are both pretty aces in it.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Almost all my favorite moments from the original - and there are quite a few - involve some degree of blood. Or toxic sludge.
                              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                                Almost all my favorite moments from the original - and there are quite a few - involve some degree of blood. Or toxic sludge.
                                Or blood sludge.
                                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                                X