Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could not deal with Wreck It. Loved the idea, hated the stupid Disney bullshit.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I dug it until they just stopped all forward momentum and hung out in the candy game for 45 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
        I dug it until they just stopped all forward momentum and hung out in the candy game for 45 minutes.
        This, however I'll stomach it as my kids fucking love it and it makes them shut up for almost the full run time.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Godzilla.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• IS THAT GOOD OR BAD?
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I have the worst case of cinematic blue balls.

Should've been called "Hey There's This Giant Fuckawesome Lizard That's the Whole Reason You're All Here But We'll Cut Away Anytime He Fights A Nukemonster To Show You HUMAN DRAMA LOL: YOU PAID FOR IT ALREADY SHITHEAAAAAAD"

I hate Aaron Taylor Johnson's baby voice. I hate the cockteasing in this film.

Spoiler: For those who will see this and agree after the fact 
              I hate that they killed off the most charismatic people in the first reel and left it to baby voice to split the saving of the day with the giant fuckawesome lizard.

I don't use that word often, so I'm using it for emphasis here.

Fuck this bullshit and call me when Godzilla shows up for more than five fucking minutes for the next US ARMED FORCES commercial.
              Last edited by Captain Russ; 05-15-2014, 08:03 PM.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• On a positive note, the H.A.L.O. sequence was kinda neat and Godzilla looked and sounded fucking incredible.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Oh no, that doesn't sound right at all. (I didn't read the spoiler) When will studios figure out we don't NEED to feel a human connection in giant monster/robot movies? Give us the giant robots and/or monsters fighting and keep humans the fuck out of it.

Especially because the humans are usually terrible so it's almost impossible to care about them in the first place.

Comment

• Whole bunch of Godzilla movies on Netfilx all of a sudden. Go figure, right? Well, along the lines of 'Dig's last post, my son & I watched Godzilla Raids again, wherein he fights Anguirus. And my son, who had watched it the day before when he was home sick, was admiring how brave kobayashi the pilot was in the final battle. I was surprised, to say the least, that he had made a human connection in a monster movie. All that Russ said above aside, there's no way I'll get away with not seeing this next weekend (Cub Scout Camporee this weekend) with my son. [Sigh].
                    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• I passed out last night after seeing next week's big movie.

So, back onto this week's release.

Godzilla (2014).

WB paid for what it got and I love the end result. That being said, I'd start weighing my options for using another director on Part II.

I also love how much of a fuck you it is to current American/Western tastes and expectations. Slow burn as hell, but it works. It works. The next film has to shift in the opposite direction, but I like the setup work here.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                        I passed out last night after seeing next week's big movie.
                        Is it as good as they say it is?
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                          Is it as good as they say it is?
                          Big Mystery Film opening next week:

I really don't care for the director's style anymore. I found the film that preceded it to be far more interesting. While this one had tons of cool visuals and big character moments, the director is losing his ability to tell a reasonable narrative. Also, it doesn't answer questions about anything.

Godzilla:

The more I think about it, the more I love it. Also, lack of Godzilla? Have any of you bitches seen the Showa Era movies?
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                            Big Mystery Film opening next week:

I really don't care for the director's style anymore. I found the film that preceded it to be far more interesting. While this one had tons of cool visuals and big character moments, the director is losing his ability to tell a reasonable narrative. Also, it doesn't answer questions about anything.
                            I wasn't aware that the director HAD a style. His big debut aside, he's completely middling and only a step or two above Brett Ratner.
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                              I wasn't aware that the director HAD a style. His big debut aside, he's completely middling and only a step or two above Brett Ratner.
                              Look back at his work up until 2006, he was a journeyman with a sense of scope.

That being said, it was a weak style. This film fully puts him into the Ratner camp that he's trying to remove the franchise from dutifully. Unfortunately, the last film did it better and dumbasses still shat on it.

I'm willing to wait it out until it returns home to its true masters.

Comment

• I had to think a minute on what's coming. But, yeah, the last one was SO GOOD, even outside the low bar set by the previous installment, that this new one had some big shoes to fill.

Comment

Working...
                                X