Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next up on my quest to watch movies I should have watched years ago: In & Out. Nathan refuses to watch it with me, so I'm trying to squeeze it in before he gets home.
    Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Revenge of the Sith. I still really fucking enjoy this entry. Like a whole bunch. The opera scene is still one of my favorite scenes in the whole series.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The Witches.

haven't seen this since I was a kid, still holds up and it makes me sad that kids today don't have movies like this for them.

Love the puppetry in this.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Oh man that movie was fucked up. just like that shitty Ewok movie where they had giants horrible spiders for no fucking reason. WHY?
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Never heard of it. Sounds interesting.

Comment

• Yeah, THE WITCHES is really good.

CHEAP THRILLS- it barrels forward to an inevitable conclusion but it's a good ride. Koechner is unnerving but Paxton takes the cake. Mostly because she barely says a word.

Comment

• Watched Mallrats for the first time in fucking ages last night. I don't give a shit about the haters, I still really fucking enjoy this movie. Like a whole fucking bunch. Rooker is the goddamn man.

Comment

• I never got the mallrats hate. But that's just me.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I preferred Mallrats over Chasing Amy, but I dug Clerks more.

Don't really know why Chasing Amy bugs me - probably due to Holden's flawed logic re: his relationships and that WTF final act.

Comment

• The Amazing Spider man 2. Much better than the 1st entry in teh reboot. And the 3D was AMAZING. Probably the best use of that medium I've ever seen. Action packed, and still managed to be emotionally poignant. The final act felt a little rushed, but I didn't get quite the same trying-to-cram-10-lbs-of-shit-into-a-5-lb-bag feel I got w/ Spider Man 3 in the first series. Not sure how I feel about them providing an origin for Pete's parents, or Electro not having the funky yellow mask with the lightning bolts, but the new Rhino was cool, and if the next intallment doesn't pick up where this one left off, there is no justice at all in the cinematic universe. SAw this w/ my son, who said it was his favorite movie of all time.

UNTIL we saw Pacific Rim in 3D together later that night. I thought his head was gonna explode. He's all about Kaiju, and the very concept of this movie blew his mind. When they showed that jaeger fighting the mmonster in Sydney, with the chest rockets? He turns to me and says, in a very mater of fact tone: "That's cool."

I also watched Lincoln over the weekend. I liked this a lot, being a history buff, the Civil War in particular being a favorite area of study. I had no idea such dealings were going on. Spader added a nice bit of funny, and Tommy Lee Jones as the crusty Thaddeus Stevens was a joy to watch. Sally Field makes me wonder what Hollywood's gonna do for older women's roles when she dies, since she seems to be in everything calling for such a part. My only complaint was Lewis was so soft spoken, even with my TV volume on 50 he was hard to hear.
                      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Toldja about Rim!
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I really like Lincoln. But the last 10 minutes are awful - Spielberg just can't close films anymore.
                          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Wolf of Wall Street

Watched it again this weekend. Still love it to death, but holy shit is the final 45 minutes or so a HARD swing from the previous two hours. It goes from this HYPER kinetic crazy fast paced movie to just a fucking slog. It's not really bad, I think, but it's tonal whiplash.

Comment

• DEAD MEN DON'T WEAR PLAID

One of those older Steve Martin movies that I remembered being pretty decent. It wasn't as funny as I remembered, but it still has quite a few really funny moments in it (him making coffee for Burt Lancaster still kills me). The forced gimmick of using footage from old movies gets a tad tiresome after a while, but it's pretty clever for the most part.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Costco has a good sale on Disney blu-rays going so I grabbed a bunch, ostensibly for the kiddo when she's older. Today we watched

WRECK IT RALPH- even as just a voice John C Reilly is great. Lots of great nods to old school gaming (ROADBLASTERS!!!) and a nice story about being who you want to be. I liked it.

FROZEN- way better than I was expecting. There's a nice, unexpected swerve at the climax and all of the performances were good. Even the usually annoying comic-relief sidekick (Olaf the snowman) was more funny than annoying. I usually don't go for the full-on musicals but this was good.

Comment

Working...
                                X