Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sinister is good but the Conjuring is a much better ghost movie IMO. The reveal isn't bad at all. The reveal in Insidious was fucking TERRIBLE though.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Sinister really is good, and the ending was pretty fucking effective in my opinion. Conjuring was a better haunted house movie, like Rob said.

Comment

• the lawnmower clip is one of my favorite things in a horror movie in the last few years.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• OOOOOOOOOOOOH FUCK THAT SCENE :s
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            the lawnmower clip is one of my favorite things in a horror movie in the last few years.
            yessssssssssssssssss

Comment

• Trancend-MEH-nce

Comment

• really? boooooo

Comment

• Too bad. I was interested in it. And the reviews are trashing it bad.

Comment

• I want Wally Pfister to have all the success in the world, but yeah that doesn't look good.

Just got back from The Raid 2. It's sadly too bloated in the middle, but it's incredibly well made and the final act has 3 action scenes in a row that one up each other. There's a fight in this that is one if the most intense and brutal I've ever seen. The violence in this is next fucking level. One girl in my screening was so upset by it, she was crying towards the end!
                    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                      I want Wally Pfister to have all the success in the world, but yeah that doesn't look good.

Just got back from The Raid 2. It's sadly too bloated in the middle, but it's incredibly well made and the final act has 3 action scenes in a row that one up each other. There's a fight in this that is one if the most intense and brutal I've ever seen. The violence in this is next fucking level. One girl in my screening was so upset by it, she was crying towards the end!
                      So The Raid 2 has abortion-troma level of violence? Consider me SOLD.

Comment

• There were some serious fidgets throughout, as well as bouts of nervous laughter and one incident of spontaneous applause (almost unheard of over here). It's horrific at times.

Not a criticism.
                        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

There were some serious fidgets throughout, as well as bouts of nervous laughter and one incident of spontaneous applause (almost unheard of over here). It's horrific at times.

Not a criticism.
                          It wants to be Un Prophete, and fails, but it's an excellent follow up in regards to the action. DAT CAR CHASE DOE

Comment

• Un Prophete is a good comparison - I was trying to think of what it reminded me of and only got as far as Infernal Affairs, but it's going for something more artfully mounted than that a lot of the time, so Audiard is an interesting choice.

Having not seen Only God Forgives, I sort of got the feeling that this provides what the people that were let down by that film were looking for. Fair? It is trying to be more than just an action film. And for all its faults, the look and camerawork throughout is impeccable. It's a really good-looking film, especially in its quieter moments.

Comment

• And yeah - the car chase is brilliant. I'm glad it didn't go on forever as well. Its a big sequence and punishing and then it's done - an extension of the close quarters fighting style, with the cars as opponents CONTAINING other sets of opponents.

Comment

Having not seen Only God Forgives, I sort of got the feeling that this provides what the people that were let down by that film were looking for. Fair? It is trying to be more than just an action film. And for all its faults, the look and camerawork throughout is impeccable. It's a really good-looking film, especially in its quieter moments.
                                I don't know about comparing Only God Forgives. That was the same kind of film Refn has always has made, people just had some other idea because the hype behind Drive...which was very similar to Only God Forgives.

It's a lazy comparison, but Gareth was trying to make his Godfather II. Bigger scope. Intertwining stories. Less of your "hero."

Comment

Working...
                                X