Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it was like 25 mins too long IMO.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Agreed...20-25 minutes too long in the middle. The first half hour and the last half hour are pretty damned great, though.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Also: I thought Bale was great in it, but he drove me absolutely fucking nuts with his constant fidgeting and adjusting of his damned glasses. It got to be nails on a chalkboard to me after a while.
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• The Conjuring.

I'm not sure how the hell Saw Guy got such a solid cast together, but they were all great in their roles, down to the kids.

The whole possession aspect is always pretty laughable (DEMUNS IS REEL) but the chosen actors kept it from running off the rails, and the chosen approach to the tension and effects were restrained and (mostly) practical respectively. Who knew the old tools would work so well?

Those creeping zooms used instantly flipped that switch and it felt like I was back watching The Amityville Horror as a kid. Wan and co. just nailed the aesthetic so well. Lili Taylor was undoubtedly the best part of this throwback.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Yep. That movie was a great theater experience.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Kind of sorry I missed it in the theatre, but the commercials jut looked so stupid. Clapping ghosts, indeed! Maybe I'll watch it on TV tonite.
              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• James Wan just crafted a really well done ghost story. Like Russ said, the actors killed it and helped elevate it past stupid jump scares.

Lily was great but I loved Vera.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                  Kind of sorry I missed it in the theatre, but the commercials jut looked so stupid. Clapping ghosts, indeed! Maybe I'll watch it on TV tonite.
                  What they do with the mirror motif counteracts the silly claptraps (which I thought were quite hilarious).

Agreed on Vera. She and Pat Dubs were fantastic. Really wish I had seen this in a theatre of easily frightened goofballs.
                  Last edited by Captain Russ; 03-29-2014, 10:39 AM.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• the sound in the theater was amazing.

Comment

• Cappy 2

Pretty legit. Story and script are solid, a couple of the action beats are really nice and it's a bit tougher than Thor or the first Cap movie. Somehow it still feels like a placeholder, more setup than conclusion, although Cap himself has an ok arc to himself. And the bonus scene is pretty worthless.

Good fun for sure and there's a graveyard-based gag that I seemed to be the only person laughing at, but temper your expectations - those saying this is the best Marvel film yet are hyperbolising a bit.
                      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• The Wolf of Wall Street.

Now this was a fucking Best Picture contender, fuck Hustle. Jonah and Carl were great in this but holy fuck did Leo bring it hard. So hard. Loved this movie so goddamn much. I was worried I wouldn't be entertained for 3 hours but I now want to see the extended cut.

Comment

• Windy City Heat

Haven't seen this in ages. Still fucking HILARIOUS. Perry is the man.

Comment

• !

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                            The Wolf of Wall Street.

Now this was a fucking Best Picture contender, fuck Hustle. Jonah and Carl were great in this but holy fuck did Leo bring it hard. So hard. Loved this movie so goddamn much. I was worried I wouldn't be entertained for 3 hours but I now want to see the extended cut.
                            Agree with all of this. Leo was especially amazing ("DOUBLE DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!"). No way the academy was ever gonna get behind this film, but it's still my favourite of this year's nominees. Matty Mc and Margot Robbie were also both fantastic.
                            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• For sure. Everyone was on fire in this. I need to buy this.

Comment

• As much as I don't care about awards and what not, it's a shame Leo didn't win for this one. Scorcese really gets some great performances out of him.

Comment

Working...
                                X