Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Vacation is the only one I like, and that season of SNL in question is one of the all-time great disasters, save for Lovitz nearly single-handedly saving it.
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• OG Vacation is the tits too. But Christmas does take the cake in my book.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Wreck It Ralph

Good, dug the cameos, but soooooooooooooo much time in that Sugar Rush game just made it drag for me.

Comment

• http://gizmodo.com/take-a-fascinatin...nin-1541318938

Documentary on the making of The Shining

Comment

• Ocean's 13.

Now I remember why I didn't remember seeing this flick. So meh. Very, very, meh. 12 is still the pinnacle.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I love the Mexico storyline in 13. Affleck especially is well funny.
              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• That's the only decent part. The rest of it is so meh and the cast seems bored as fuck.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I liked all three of the Ocean's movies pretty interchangeably.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Have mad respect for Soderbergh for keeping that cast in line for three movies.
                    Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• As to Dennis Quaid: He's great in a certain type of role, but he has a very limited range. Let him play the charming goofball and he's awesome, but attempts to cast him in serious dramas fall pretty flat. I suspect that that has had something to do with his failure to break through to the A list.

Also, he had a HUGE cocaine problem for a decade or so. Pretty sure that had something to do with it.
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Friend once met Quaid down in Austin and being the wise ass he is asked, "How's Meg?"
                        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                          "How's Meg?"
                          Shitty movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                            Utter an unkind word about "those fucking Vacation movies."

Go ahead. I'll wait.

(Concession: European Vacation was pretty bad.)
                            Ok, I'm back.

Those fucking Vacation movies = 1 decent one with a better script than direction. 2 also-rans that get a pass based on nostalgia more than anything else.

They derailed a huge chunk of Randy Quaid's career, fed the living ego that is Chevy Chase and get way more love than they deserve.

Still, in the grand scheme of things...it is the perfect example of declining quality in a franchise.
                            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Personal order of quality/watchability:

1. VACATION
                              2. CHRISTMAS VACATION
                              3. VEGAS VACATION
                              4. EUROPEAN VACATION

Comment

• They earned that love, Anderson. Chevy was an asshole before Vacation.

If the Vacations hadn't been what they were, I never would have gotten Randy as Elijah C. Skuggs nor as Russell Case. And I don't want to live in a world where neither occurred.

Matt, my brother.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X