Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hahahaha. I still really like Shannon as Zod.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Man of Steel rocked.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I really like it.
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Yeah, fan of MOS here as well. It's not flawless by any means, but more of it works than doesn't for me.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Watched the Hunger Games so I could watch the sequel with Lesley this week.

It was okay. It didn't amaze me or anything but it wasn't boring, I just wanted more time with everyone who's name wasn't Katniss or Peta.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
              Did Zod ever actually say he would find him?
              Debatable.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                300: RISE OF THE EMPIRE.

It's superior to the first film from a tech point of view, but it lacks the story elements that made the first one into something involving. Not that 300 is some sort of marvel of storytelling, but it at least develops the main characters (Gerard and Lena) and gives them an emotional connection and arc that you can latch onto. There's nothing even close to that in the sequel...it's all action and attitude, and if you're satisfied with that, you'll have a great time. I was (more or less) satisfied with that and was drawn into the film enough to thoroughly enjoy the visual spectacle.

I saw it in 3D and it was worth every penny.
                Does Sullivan Stapleton (Themistocles) fucks and kills as much as in Strike Back?

Comment

• Silver Lining Playbook

Color me surprised by how much I liked it. By the end of hour one, I was worried I'd hate it since everyone has mentla problems in it, but by the end it completely won me over. I must be the only one who geeked out that Shea Wigham was in it.

Also, Jennifer Lawrence is SOOOOOOO smashable in this. Like, aaaaaargh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                    Does Sullivan Stapleton (Themistocles) fucks and kills as much as in Strike Back?
                    Never seen STRIKE BACK, so I can't comment.

He's good in the film, but he really doesn't have a character to play. The film establishes who he is, what he's done, and what he needs to do, but they don't really give him a character to play. He doesn't have any sort of arc. Indeed, NOBODY in the film has an arc to latch onto. Eva has more backstory than most, but that doesn't do enough to establish a character.

But everyone is pretty badass. If you can latch onto THAT, you might be satisfied enough in what's going on. I was, but just barely.
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Strike Back is a fun 24-esque British Special Forces TV show, peppersprayed with a LOT of sex and violence. The British dude is the straight guy, but Stapleton's Delta dude is a tornado of killing and fucking. He nearly nails every female on the show.

When I turn my brain off, this is what I watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                        Never seen STRIKE BACK, so I can't comment.

He's good in the film, but he really doesn't have a character to play. The film establishes who he is, what he's done, and what he needs to do, but they don't really give him a character to play. He doesn't have any sort of arc. Indeed, NOBODY in the film has an arc to latch onto. Eva has more backstory than most, but that doesn't do enough to establish a character.

But everyone is pretty badass. If you can latch onto THAT, you might be satisfied enough in what's going on. I was, but just barely.
                        But is it homoerotic enough?
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The first one was MUCH more homoerotic. This one plays it pretty hetero, actually.

Comment

• Gaaaaaaaaaay
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                              Silver Lining Playbook

I must be the only one who geeked out that Shea Wigham was in it.

No, you weren't.

And yes, she was.
                              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Rob, Hunger Games is dull as shit. But. Catching Fire is legit. You'll love it. Emotionally involving, smart and exciting in all the ways the first one isn't. Plus, it has some juicy stuff for Sutherland, PSH chewing it up and Jena Malone sexing up the place. It's legit.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                                Silver Lining Playbook

Color me surprised by how much I liked it. By the end of hour one, I was worried I'd hate it since everyone has mentla problems in it, but by the end it completely won me over. I must be the only one who geeked out that Shea Wigham was in it.

LOVE that film. Cooper's scenes with the shrink are ace and I'd position this as a smart romcom in the when Harry met Sally... mould.

And Lawrence is, indeed, Queen Smash of Ass Mountain in it.
                                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Working...
                                X