Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
    They're chopping it down to get it under 2 1/2 hours still. They reshot some stuff.
    Thought I read today a confirmed run time of 136 minutes?

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
      Thought I read today a confirmed run time of 136 minutes?
      Yeah, I just saw it myself. So, the cutting appears to be done.

That means from first report, they skimmed off about 21 minutes.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Empire said the first 10 minutes are smart, stylish and funny, brimming with action and portent. Sounds like the faith in the Russos is well-founded.
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Kick-Ass 2. Fucking TERRIBLE. There is absoutley no reason for this movie to exist. At all. The action scenes were shitty, the "humor" was shitty, everything about this was shitty.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• MIB 3. I actually really liked it. Rewatched Captain America in the hospital. Really, really like that movie. Watching This Is The End now. Fucking crazy so far. About half way through.
            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
              Double Team

Yes, the Van Damme/Rodman joint from Tsui Hark. Holy shit. What did I just watch, again? The end game in this film is the most elaborately bonkers setup for a bad guy to try to catch his opponent off guard. How Mickey Rourke was able to escape this with any credibility is both a matter of debate and a minor miracle. He sure does look buff in that sequence though.

This is utter shit, but I did laugh a couple of times and how absurd and over the top it is. And there are some nice enough explosions. None of the action scenes work the way they should though.
              Nostalgia Critic really nailed that one.
              Originally posted by Ari
              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                Byzantium.

A pretty solid gothic horror film with a really stellar cast.

How it weaves the past of the main characters into the present is handled quite well. This being a Neil Jordan film, these scenes were in the same wheelhouse as Interview with a Vampire and were the highlight of the film.

It does veer dangerously close to ridiculousness in the end, only to reach an emotional catharsis for the Ronan/Arterton characters regarding their incredibly insular way of living.

Arterton steals the show by the way.
                THIS. This, this, this. Caught this recently and enjoyed the hell out of it - a vampire flick that throws out a lot of the usual conventions of the genre and turns into a terrific character study for both Ronan and Arterton's characters. Indeed, watching Arterton's character fall to the dark side after the abuse she suffered early on, and how that fall is reversed with Ronan's character's compassion as she interacts with those around her, is terrific storytelling.

I do echo my esteemed colleague, Russ, here that the ending was kind of clunky and a bit telegraphed. Still, the coda for Ronan's character and her boyfirend was sort of sweet and upbeat.

Both leads did a great job with this, and Ronan is definitely going to be an actress to watch.

I also caught Camp Takota recently, too. I'm a fan of YouTube's Grace Helbig, Hannah Hart and Mamrie Hart, so I got into this. Not bad for a first shot at a film - though in some scenes it seems like you're watching a student film, it wears it's heart on its' sleeve. It does fall victim to some "first film" tropes - character motivations/actions are a bit questionable, especially for Helbig's character, and the typical bad guy presence you get in a film like this (evil new camp owner) could have been introduced a lot earlier in the film, but all-in-all, I've seen much worse from first-timers.

Definitely a "chick flick", heavy emphasis on female bonding, I still got sucked in. Helbig delivers some good comedic stuff here, with Mamrie Hart (who co-wrote this) chewing scenery with the best of 'em. Hannah Hart doesn't get a whole hell of a lot to do, though her character's story would have been interesting to follow up on. Worth a view.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                  Kick-Ass 2. Fucking TERRIBLE. There is absoutley no reason for this movie to exist. At all. The action scenes were shitty, the "humor" was shitty, everything about this was shitty.
                  So I'm right to avoid that one?

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                  MIB 3. I actually really liked it. Rewatched Captain America in the hospital. Really, really like that movie. Watching This Is The End now. Fucking crazy so far. About half way through.
                  MIB3 was fun. This is the End is fucking aces. So retarded.
                  BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Don't see it Martin. It is dogshit.

Snuck in a peak at Jodorowsky's Dune.

Beyond the amazing "what if" scenario of Dan O'Bannon, Moebius, and Chris Foss all working under a Mexican maniac surrealist wizard, or the casting list from Orson fucking Welles to Salvador Dalí, or how Jodorowsky's Dune was as far from the source as possible, the most valuable aspect of the experience for me was in hearing Jodorowsky speak.

Age has done nothing to stifle his passion for his dream project. There is a moment toward the end of the doc that had me in hysterics because of his colorful analogy of what he had done to Frank Herbert's source material.

I want to get ahold of one of those production bibles. Good lord.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• As it's one of my favorite book ever, I'd have taken Joro's vision over Lynch's any single fucking day.
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• His story about going with his sons to see it was wonderful.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The Lone Ranger. Not great, but I enjoyed it. Plot seemed a little scattershot at times, but got tied up at the end. Depp as Tonto was fairly amusing. I thought the closing line was especially chuckle inducing. The Ranger himself was a little pussified; I get he never killed anyone in the old TV shows, but Jesus. If you're gonna update this & get a PG 13 anyway, have him blast a few bad guys. I liked some of the quirkiness (such as Tonto's placing the incongruous item on the grave), but some of the other stuff (the fucking bird, for example) fell a little flat. My son - all of 7 yrs old - loved it. This and an epic session of Skylanders made this into a decent father/son hangout day.
                          I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Made it about an hour into CLOUD ATLAS before I tapped out. If you're going to make an inaccessible film with esoteric dialogue, maybe don't have all the actors talk like their gargling gravy.

Comment

• They're imho. :-D
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I'm going to use my ipad as an excuse for that one.

Comment

Working...
                                X