Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Legend of Goggins grows daily.

Comment

• You know what movie is better than anything the rest of you like?

Mother, Jugs and Speed
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Catch Me If You Can

Tom Hanks is really damn funny in this. I've always kind of written this off as part of the Spielberg phase that produced The Terminal - but I have to say, this was really, really enjoyable. The first 30 minutes suffers from a lack of Hanks, but once he's a major part of the film, it takes off. DiCaprio earned his wings with this film, in my opinion. Excellent fun.

Spielberg also managed to catch a few starlets at the beginning of their respective hot streaks - Jennifer Garner, Elizabeth Banks and a very young, dorky looking Amy Adams (Ellen Pompeo doesn't count, right?) all doing pretty excellent work, especially Adams.
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Loved CATCH ME IF YOU CAN. Phenomenal score by John Williams iirc. Lots of fun.

I concur, Ben. DO YOU CONCUR???
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Lesley and I still say "Georgia" the way Hanks says it in the movie. Not sure why that stuck with us, but it did.

I love that flick. Just a really fun movie.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• 'Nawk nawk.'

'Who's there?'

'Go fuck yawrselves'
              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Why didn't I say I concur?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                  'Nawk nawk.'

'Who's there?'

'Go fuck yawrselves'
                  Best onscreen joke ever.
                  BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Why didn't I say I concur?

I don't know. Surely you don't dissent?
                    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• THIS IS THE END- whole lotta lolz. For a goofy "hey guys, let's get a bunch of friends together and fuck around with an apocalypse movie" movie, the jokes are mostly really funny and the creature effects/designs are interesting. Maybe I had pretty low expectations (I did) but I thoroughly enjoyed this. The finale made me laugh like an idiot.

Comment

• Ender's Game. Orson Scott Card may be a homophobic douche, but I always thought this was a brilliant story. And this is a faithful adaptation. It felt a little short, like it was over too quickly. But apart from that I liked all the performances, and the visual effects were great. On Demand money well spent.
                        I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Double Team

Yes, the Van Damme/Rodman joint from Tsui Hark. Holy shit. What did I just watch, again? The end game in this film is the most elaborately bonkers setup for a bad guy to try to catch his opponent off guard. How Mickey Rourke was able to escape this with any credibility is both a matter of debate and a minor miracle. He sure does look buff in that sequence though.

This is utter shit, but I did laugh a couple of times and how absurd and over the top it is. And there are some nice enough explosions. None of the action scenes work the way they should though.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                            Ender's Game. Orson Scott Card may be a homophobic douche, but I always thought this was a brilliant story. And this is a faithful adaptation. It felt a little short, like it was over too quickly. But apart from that I liked all the performances, and the visual effects were great. On Demand money well spent.
                            I don't know why, but I'll be damned if this movie didn't hit my sci fi sweet spot.
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Double Team

Yes, the Van Damme/Rodman joint from Tsui Hark. Holy shit. What did I just watch, again? The end game in this film is the most elaborately bonkers setup for a bad guy to try to catch his opponent off guard. How Mickey Rourke was able to escape this with any credibility is both a matter of debate and a minor miracle. He sure does look buff in that sequence though.

This is utter shit, but I did laugh a couple of times and how absurd and over the top it is. And there are some nice enough explosions. None of the action scenes work the way they should though.

that movie was a staple for me back in the day. So stupid yet fun.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• picked up Fight Club on blu last night as I had a hankering to watch it. Haven't seen it in years. I still really enjoy the hell outta this movie. However, the CG is terrible now. It's distracting as fuck and was used much better in Panic Room imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X