Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I enjoyed it more than Hatchet, yet the stupid things a few characters do kind of eat at me. It's solid for what it is.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I didn't expect much, so I was impressed at how well made it was (it's strangely beautiful at times) and it's attempt to keep changing up, as well as having a really strong female lead that wasn't just a dude with tits. I agree that some of the character's choices were ridiculous - first thing I would have done: switch off the lights - and that's what stopped it short of being a minor classic, but it's still head and shoulders above most of the American horror I've seen recently. You're right, it's nowhere near as imaginative as Cabin - it's just a really well made B-movie.
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Totes. Yeah, lights off would have made a TON of sense considering the first kill.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
          I didn't expect much, so I was impressed at how well made it was (it's strangely beautiful at times) and it's attempt to keep changing up, as well as having a really strong female lead that wasn't just a dude with tits. I agree that some of the character's choices were ridiculous - first thing I would have done: switch off the lights - and that's what stopped it short of being a minor classic, but it's still head and shoulders above most of the American horror I've seen recently. You're right, it's nowhere near as imaginative as Cabin - it's just a really well made B-movie.
          To repeat our Twitter conversation

"Dat Aussie"

Comment

• The Lego Movie.

The pack of nerds I went with lost their mind. The nerds at the movie that weren't in this pack did much of the same.

A fun time was had by all.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
              The Lego Movie.

The pack of nerds I went with lost their mind. The nerds at the movie that weren't in this pack did much of the same.

A fun time was had by all.
              Nice, how long is it? And is the pacing enough to hold younger kids attention?

Comment

• LEGO MOVIE is getting an absurd amount of positive praise. May have to see that one.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                Originally posted by Martin
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                  Nice, how long is it? And is the pacing enough to hold younger kids attention?
                  It feels like an hour and thirty maybe, the pacing is just relentless with the jokes and the block building and the Morgan Freemanisms just flying by.

Even Rob would sit with rapt attention.

Go see it Matt. It's a highly enjoyable romp.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I just watched the best remake I've ever seen.

Seriously. It's amazing.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                      It feels like an hour and thirty maybe, the pacing is just relentless with the jokes and the block building and the Morgan Freemanisms just flying by.

Even Rob would sit with rapt attention.

Go see it Matt. It's a highly enjoyable romp.
                      What's weird is the sheer amount of people in this movie that the advertising hasn't spoiled.

Best film of 2014 so far.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• In a World

Even better than I thought it would be. Thoroughly charming from the off and pretty damn funny in places. Lake Bell the writer gets a bit heavy handed right at the end, but everything else worked fine. I'm gonna be watching this again real soon.
                        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Took the boy to see the Lego Movie this afternoon. It WAS a very enjoyable movie. Charming, and a touching ending. Star studded cast. Nifty stoey line. Pretty funny in parts. This was one kid's movie it wasn't a chore to sit through.

I also finished watching The Woman, the film adaptation of the jack Ketchum by the same name (which I also finished a few days ago; review in Book Nook to follow). I wasn't crazy about the book, to be honest. But I liked the film much better. It flowed very quickly; a feature it had in common with the book. But the rapidity of the pacing helped it here, whereas I think it harmed the book. The book felt rushed, but the movie didn't. I still would have liked to see more build up to the climax than we got, but without some of the characters' inner monologues, or much time to think about what was going on, the more unbelieveable aspects of the characters' actions weren't QUITE as unbelievable here as they were in the book. The main characters' performances (w/ the possible exception of Brian Cleek) were also very good. Sean Bridgers was excellent in the role of charming sociopath. There was also some well done implied, off camera gore & violence. Kind of a shame they didn't add the book's epilogue to the film to kind of explain some of the characters' choices at the end (it would also have been a great oportunity for some topnotch explicit, practical effecta laden gore). And last but not least, the slightly punky, disaffected soundtrack meshed really well with the onscreen action. I liked this almost as much as The Lost, my favorite Jack Ketchum film adaptation. Definitely worth a watch for any horror fan, I'd go so fara s to call it a must see for Jack Ketchum fans.
                          I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• THE LOSERS- paper thin plot and a shadow of a villain but a bunch of the actors are so fun to watch that it doesn't matter that much. I wouldn't mind seeing more adventures with the crew but I assume it would be a DTV series with cheaper actors.

Comment

• That's the one where Jason Patric is the bad guy right?
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Yes. The Losers is legit great.

Comment

Working...
                                X