Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arlene could get it though.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
      Well, genre rules in all in regards to not liking the first girls.

That being said, the only one who fit the QT with tits mode was Jungle Julia.

The parody thing wasn't unintentional. Most Eurotrash horror takes on American tropes played as straight rips. If anything, there's too much going on in Death Proof and that splits focus.
      It was trying to be a giallo on wheels and I loved it for its attempt.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• WHITE HOUSE DOWN- I was thinking that maybe C Tates is this generation's Bruce Willy but it doesn't quite work. A big part of Willis' appeal (at least to me [shut up! I think he's great]) is that he's an Everyman thrown into crazy situations. C Tates is too pretty/buff to fill that role. Anyway, this movie is a lot of fun. I liked OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN, too, but this one is definitely more entertaining.

Comment

• The Family. Good performances, generally, but I thought it'd be funnier. Even for a dark comedy, this was a little too grim. If they had ratcheted up the tension in Act II a bit, it could have been a halfway decent action flick w/ that violent final act.
          I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Bad Grandpa.

Not great but the parts that worked fucking KILLED. The strip club, diner, and the opening were fucking hilarious. The kid was pretty funny and I wish they did more with him.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Short Term 12.

Brie Larson heads a cast of largely unknown yet solid young actors in a film about the goings on in and outside of an at-risk foster care facility. What should feel like the usual indie film trappings (yeah, fuckin' banjos are played at certain intervals in the non-diegetic soundtrack because earnest folk music hits people who watch little indie pictures haaaaaaaard in the emotional scrote) here feels genuine for the most part.

The rapport Larson's character has with the kids is believable and she plays it like the feminine equivalent of Baby Goose's well-meaning yet hamstrung teacher in Half Nelson (minus the drug problem but plus a childhood/adolescence of extreme abuse).

It was an enjoyable little movie.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Slow week at work so I watched Iron Man 3 yesterday while working on a project.

I still really enjoy this movie. EVerything works for me. The kid, the humor, Trevor, and badass Gwenyth are all great.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• It's my favorite Iron Man movie and probably one of my favorite superhero movies, if I ever stop to really think about it.

Comment

• yeah, I'm leaning towards this also being my favorite superhero flick. At least until Guardians hits. I AM WAY TOO PUMPED FOR THAT.

Comment

• I said it on the twitmachine and I'll say it here - where's my Guardians trailer?!
                      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Part of Baby Genisues. This is a movie I watched incredibly stoned off my ass back in like 2000 and I still remember almost all of it because it's so fucking odd.

IT's like part hard science fiction, part horrendous kids movie, part "this movie is amazing to watch if only for the horrible cgi baby faces". I couldn't stop laughing last night.

You have Kathleen Tuner and Doc Brown scientifically testing on babies because when they are young they are super smart and can communicate (also write cuneiform apparently) but once they hit a certain age they lose the ability to do so and become normal babies. And it's played for laughs but there is a scene where all of these babies are talking in their secret language and one of them starts to become stupid and they all just laugh and say "Well, it was nice knowing you." and they watch her writhe and then become a normal baby. I all could think of is people with alzheimers. IT's so fucking odd and creepy. Also Dr. Schweiber is in it and gets hit in the nuts by a baby.

Also this is Basil. He's like a mini Hitler. He's a dick.

Comment

• PLEEEEEASE tell me this is on Instant.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• You're Next

This was great. I talked about Mario Bava's A Bay of Blood a while back - this was the modern version. So much fun. A bit too much stupidity from some of the major characters, but great gore, stupid twists and some truly bonkers action throughout. Not quite Cabin in the Woods calibre, but really good fun nonetheless.
                            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                              You're Next

This was great. I talked about Mario Bava's A Bay of Blood a while back - this was the modern version. So much fun. A bit too much stupidity from some of the major characters, but great gore, stupid twists and some truly bonkers action throughout. Not quite Cabin in the Woods calibre, but really good fun nonetheless.
                              It was good, but never mention it and Cabin in the same convo ever again.
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Using something a little less controversial - like, say, Hatchet - how'd it compare?

Comment

Working...
                                X