Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
    If I hear Tim Roth's panicked squealing ever again it will be too soon.
    Hahaha!
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      The first half of Death Proof is a fucking embarrassment. The second half is fantastic.
      Man, those nachos looked good though.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• That they did.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
          It doesn't work because Death Proof is a fucking embarrassment of a movie.

So fucking wrong.

But, I'll indulge. Why is it an embarrassment?
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
            So fucking wrong.

But, I'll indulge. Why is it an embarrassment?
            Because it's utter shit, but at least it's effective at curing insomnia.

Comment

• Thoughtful analysis.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The most common complaint I've heard is that Death Proof is too talky. For that reason, Planet Terror is probably better. But there were great elements to Death Proof. Kurt Russell as the sleazeball psycho, that great crash scene w/ the severed leg and all, the final chase & fight scene. . . It works on a couple of levels at least part of the time. But it isn't as tight or coherent a narrative as Planet Terror. Plus, Planet Terror has the helicopter vs. zombies scene.
                I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Love Kurt Russell. Love the Stuntman Mike character. Could watch him shoot the shit and then murder people with his car for the rest of my days. Plus the axe-kick-heel-to-the-face at the end is one of the ultimate high-five moments, as much as I love Mike
                  XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• Lethal Weapon. So good I can't stand it. As good if not better than I remembered. Mel Gibson was an intense guy. Yeah his other stuff is botthersome, but actors are entertainers, not priests. Ok. Engage the useless hate machine.
                    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Fuck that, Uncle Mel be Uncle Mel'ing. Just waiting for his return to big time movie making.
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                        Lethal Weapon. So good I can't stand it. As good if not better than I remembered. Mel Gibson was an intense guy. Yeah his other stuff is botthersome, but actors are entertainers, not priests. Ok. Engage the useless hate machine.
                        After seeing this when I was 8 or 9 I remember my bro and I always roll firing when we would play cops and robbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                          Because it's utter shit, but at least it's effective at curing insomnia.

I forgot to check back in on this. Why do you find it to be utter shit? Don't just say TOO MUCH TALKY, NOT ENOUGH ZOMBIE BONER DEATH.
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• gave Wolverine another go because I feel asleep 20 mins into it the first time I watched it. Not bad, but not entirely engaging.

I think this proves (to me) that I just don't really care about Wolverine. I mean, it was neat to see him fight ninjas and that bullet train sequence is cool, but I wanted other mutants to show up and do some shit.

Powerless Wolverine is boring as fuck.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                              I forgot to check back in on this. Why do you find it to be utter shit? Don't just say TOO MUCH TALKY, NOT ENOUGH ZOMBIE BONER DEATH.
                              I hated the first half only because they weren't characters. They were Quentin with tits. And yeah he does that shit in every movie, but in the first half it was annoying as hell. It felt like a fucking parody. Once the first batch of girls were taken out I loved the movie.

And fuck the extended shit. The only cut of DP that I care about is the original Grindhouse one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                                I hated the first half only because they weren't characters. They were Quentin with tits. And yeah he does that shit in every movie, but in the first half it was annoying as hell. It felt like a fucking parody. Once the first batch of girls were taken out I loved the movie.

And fuck the extended shit. The only cut of DP that I care about is the original Grindhouse one.

Well, genre rules in all in regards to not liking the first girls.

That being said, the only one who fit the QT with tits mode was Jungle Julia.

The parody thing wasn't unintentional. Most Eurotrash horror takes on American tropes played as straight rips. If anything, there's too much going on in Death Proof and that splits focus.

Comment

Working...
                                X