Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
    AMERICAN HUSTLE

It's ok. As an actor's showcase, it really can't be beat...everyone is pretty great, but Amy Adams really delivers some incredible work. As a movie, it's really lacking in a spark to bring it to life. It's just kinda there, delivering exposition for 2 and a half hours. It's not particularly funny or engaging, so it relies on you being interested in the characters and what they're doing to keep you involved with the movie, and it really faltered for me in the second act.

The good news is that it ended quite strong, so it goes up a few points when the credits roll, but overall it's a big disappointment. You can totally wait for dvd/blu ray on this one.
    Plan on seeing this and Wolf of Wall Street tomorrow.

Comment

• Planning on getting bombed and seeing Keanu's Ninja Scroll movie OR seeing Jonah Hill in his Bill Brasky teeth.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Worthy pursuits.
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
          Planning on getting bombed and seeing Keanu's Ninja Scroll movie OR seeing Jonah Hill in his Bill Brasky teeth.

47 Ronin is so fucking awful.

The Wolf of Wall Street was great, but I can't shake the feeling that I loved one film so much more this year.

That's what is keeping me from finalizing my Top 10 of the year. I feel that Wolf is the best of 2013. However, "Her" is going to be one that I remember 20 years from now.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

AMERICAN HUSTLE

It's ok. As an actor's showcase, it really can't be beat...everyone is pretty great, but Amy Adams really delivers some incredible work. As a movie, it's really lacking in a spark to bring it to life. It's just kinda there, delivering exposition for 2 and a half hours. It's not particularly funny or engaging, so it relies on you being interested in the characters and what they're doing to keep you involved with the movie, and it really faltered for me in the second act.

The good news is that it ended quite strong, so it goes up a few points when the credits roll, but overall it's a big disappointment. You can totally wait for dvd/blu ray on this one.
            This. Fine film. Everything from the 70s-ness look, the Scorsese camera techniques, editing and music ques and the performances were exactly as I expected it to be. Everyone delivered but Bale, Adams and Renner knocked it outta the park. But yeah I'm with you, Matt. No real surprises per say.

The Wolf of Wall Street... so phenomenal. I seriously thought about going right back in to see it again as I was walking out. If there is any justice in the world of award-season brown-nosing, DiCaprio will finally claim his Oscar.
            Originally posted by Ari
            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Fuck, just looked up show times for Wolf of Wall Street. 3 full fucking hours? Jesus. Guess I won't be seeing three movies tomorrow after all.

Comment

• WE'RE THE MILLERS- more like WE'RE THE MEH-LERS, amirite? OLOLOLOL. It was okay but there were parts that felt entirely disconnected from anything. I can't tell if those parts were supposed to be jokes or if they were scenes hurt by an editing choice somewhere else in the film. Most of the good stuff was in the trailer.

Comment

• so mediocre.

Also, good to hear that "Her" is great. I seem to remember people making fun of me when I posted about that on FB about it being stupid.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                    so mediocre.

Also, good to hear that "Her" is great. I seem to remember people making fun of me when I posted about that on FB about it being stupid.
                    It's one of those movies that's going to define a generation. I know how fucking hokey that sounds, but I can see Spike Jonze going to his deathbed being proud of this one.

I was talking about it the other day, when Nordling brought up that it's on par with "The Graduate". Honestly, I've got to agree.

It's that big of a gamechanger.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Is Her on VOD? It's only playing at one fucking AWFUL mall theater here.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                        Is Her on VOD? It's only playing at one fucking AWFUL mall theater here.
                        I don't think it is yet. It will go wider on the 10th.

If Scarjo doesn't get an Oscar nomination, there's no fucking justice in the world.

Comment

• I thought that she was already disqualified from contention due to the nature of her role. Could have sworn that I read that somewhere.
                          Originally posted by Martin
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          Originally posted by Martin
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                            Shocking.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The Wolf of Wall Street

Best movie of the year for me. Finally a DiCaprio/Scorsese movie worth your time. Fantastic.

Joyeux Noel

ahd to rewatch my favorite Christmas movie ever. Deeply moving, it's insane that its, a true story. For those not knowing what it is: During WWI, at Christmas, the Germans, French and Scots are all in their respective trenches. The Scots starts singing, accompagnied by their windpipes. The Germans, mainly with one of their privates being a opera singer, starts as well, as soon enough, the windpipes starts to accompany the German star. So, the commanders from each sides meet and call a temporary truce, for Christmas.
                              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

I thought that she was already disqualified from contention due to the nature of her role. Could have sworn that I read that somewhere.
                                Ringing bells here too. Originally, Samantha Morton played the entire part and Jonze essentially took her to one side and said that he didn't feel it was working the way he had intended. Morton gave Jonze 'her blessing' to recast the part and the rest is history.

Very curious to see this one, haven't heard a bad word about it yet.
                                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Working...
                                X