Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MASH

The wife hadn't seen this for something like 20 years, so it was fun to watch it with someone 'fresh'. It's nearly a perfect movie, with each one of the comedic episodes hitting the bullseye. Love this movie.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I was always a HUGE fan of the TV show, but I have never seen the movie. Guess I'll have to remedy that someday.
      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Lair of the White Worm.

With so many hilarious visual metaphors choking every frame, it is hard not to laugh and appreciate the insanity of such a film. From the subtext of sexual awakening//predation/resurrection to that of the culling of pagan culture from Britain, it also keeps to incredibly broad and satisfying camp interpretation of the Stoker story.

Hugh Grant and Peter Carpaldi star in one of the stranger offerings of the alternative horror movies of the 80s.

Also: Ken Russell is/was the man.
        Last edited by Captain Russ; 12-10-2013, 09:46 PM.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
          I was always a HUGE fan of the TV show, but I have never seen the movie. Guess I'll have to remedy that someday.
          You're in for a treat, Iggy. If they had gotten the cast from the movie for the TV series (Radar was the only one to make the jump), it would've been a show of legendary proportions.

Gary Burghoff? Nice dude, yo.

Comment

• Fast and Furious Six

Still really damn good. Not sure I like it as much as five, and definitely not as much as the epic romance of 2 Fast 2 Furious. The ending is sooooooooooo depressing in light of Paul Walker dying. But you can always right if off as THE STATHAM having killed Walker after Hahn off camera, since he's already going after crew members.

And when you start the disc it doesn't start on "play movie." It starts on "Fast and Furious Seven first look!" uuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
              You're in for a treat, Iggy. If they had gotten the cast from the movie for the TV series (Radar was the only one to make the jump), it would've been a show of legendary proportions.

Gary Burghoff? Nice dude, yo.
              Agreed. The show was great, but the movie was something in an entirely different league.
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                Agreed. The show was great, but the movie was something in an entirely different league.
                Bing-the fuck-o.

Hated the show.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Troy: seen any of the heavy hitters yet? WOLF OF WALL STREET? WALTER MITTY?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    Troy: seen any of the heavy hitters yet? WOLF OF WALL STREET? WALTER MITTY?
                    I'm embargoed on Walter Mitty and Walking with Dinosaurs until 12/23.

I won't see Wolf of Wall Street until release due to a scheduling snafu at the local distributor level. Same for Anchorman 2 unless things change soon.

I saw August Osage County and loved it.
                    Saving Mr. Banks was great.
                    Hobbit was better than I expected.
                    American Hustle was great, but stilted.
                    Saw a couple of other things too.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                      I'm embargoed on Walter Mitty and Walking with Dinosaurs until 12/23.

I won't see Wolf of Wall Street until release due to a scheduling snafu at the local distributor level. Same for Anchorman 2 unless things change soon.

I saw August Osage County and loved it.
                      Saving Mr. Banks was great.
                      Hobbit was better than I expected.
                      American Hustle was great, but stilted.
                      Saw a couple of other things too.
                      REALLY interested in WALTER MITTY, SAVING MR. BANKS, WOLF OF WALL STREET, and AMERICAN HUSTLE. I'll see HOBBIT but it's more out of obligation than enthusiasm.

Comment

• Watched Pacific Rim finally. Some of you guys are nitpicky as fuck. It wasn't perfect but it was fucking fun as shit. Mako or whatever her name was, was more of a void than Hunnam to me and Elba was fine in it. SO NITPICK, SUCH WRONG
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• The Hobbit: This One

Still too bloody long and there's one too many things going on in the final act that just doesn't need to be there (involving Kili, Tauriel and Legolas) but this is a bonkers film and way, way more fun than the first one. When Freeman is the focus (which is not the case so much in the first half), he's stellar. His stuff with the spiders of Mirkwood and with Smaug himself is excellent. But this film is all about the action and, as such, this may be Jackson's finest showcase of action directing so far.

The barrels on the river is getting talked up a lot and rightly so. Its a fun, silly, exciting setpiece that combines the fluidity of the Olyphaunt scene in Return of the King with the crazy energy of the dino chase in King Kong, but for my money beats out both of those. There's an orc kill in that scene and one later in the film that had the audience cheering. Gandalf has some oddly effective stuff in his hunt for the Necromancer too that was visually stunning. And the final sequence under the mountain is fantastic, not just for Freeman and arguably cinema's greatest dragon this side of Toothless, but Richard Armitage gets to step up and become more than just Diet Aragorn.

Very, very enjoyable film, with some really audacious visuals and with a trim of 20-30 minutes (it really doesn't need a lot of the things the writers have invented), this would be up there with the best of the Rings films.
                          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Do they call him Sm-OW-g all the time? Because his name is Sm-AH-g. You know, like smog, as in all smoky and shit because he's a fire-breathing dragon.

Basically I'm just hoping Voice Over Guy was having a stroke when he did the trailer work and New Line said "eh, whatever, good enough."

Comment

• I always imagined it was SmOWg whenever I saw it in print.
                              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• It's 'Smowg' throughout. Sounds right depending on who's saying it.
                                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Working...
                                X