Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Rob's made his case clear and, while I don't disagree with either of you, my understanding is that he's saying enjoying something on a more base level does not equal disengaging the brain. Which I agree with most.

Nor does it equate to not being able to explain WHY you enjoy that thing, on whatever levels. Again, as I think Rob has also done re: Avatar.
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Rob just wants to fuck things as a blue furry. Why he won't admit that I don't know.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• So wait, you have to turn your brain on all the time? How the fuck can someone enjoy likes of Commando, Crank and the Fast and Furious movies*? They're dumb as fuck, but so primally good.

*also, and Bay movie. Yes, even The Rock.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• You can still articulate the reasons why you like dreck, the same as you can articulate why you like any other thing that is not dreck. Some of my best friends watch dreck and they can tell me why they like it and I can understand their point of view perfectly. I like dreck as well!

Performances? Atmosphere? Plot? Maybe identifying that one thing (or bevy of things) that makes it ridiculous as a premise or amazing in its adherence to its twisted logic, you can put words together to form an opinion beyond the aforementioned myopic summations being tossed around.

There are dissertations written about Commando.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
            I think Rob's made his case clear and, while I don't disagree with either of you, my understanding is that he's saying enjoying something on a more base level does not equal disengaging the brain. Which I agree with most.

Nor does it equate to not being able to explain WHY you enjoy that thing, on whatever levels. Again, as I think Rob has also done re: Avatar.

Thank your sir. That is exactly what I was attempting to say but apparently not making clear.

Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
            Rob just wants to fuck things as a blue furry. Why he won't admit that I don't know.
            I HAVE NEVER DENIED THIS AT ALL. I HAVE SAID I WANTED TO FUCK WEAVERS NA'VI A MILLION TIMES.

I however, do not want to be a Na'vi while I do that. That's weird.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Yeah, Rob has never denied his desire to dress Leslie up in blue body paint and join their dreadlocks or whatever the fuck happened in that movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                I HAVE NEVER DENIED THIS AT ALL. I HAVE SAID I WANTED TO FUCK WEAVERS NA'VI A MILLION TIMES.

I however, do not want to be a Na'vi while I do that. That's weird.

Rerb loves him some blue strange, yo.

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Blue Strange might be the best sex term I've ever heard.
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• CALIFORNIA SUITE

It's essentially 4 unrelated stories happening in a California hotel at the same time:
                      - Maggie Smith and Michael Caine as an acting couple there for her Oscar nomination.
                      - Jane Fonda and Alan Alda as a divorced couple discussing what to do with their daughter.
                      - Walter Matthau as a guy visiting for a Bar Mitzvah who gets set up with a hooker by his brother.
                      - Bill Cosby and Richard Pryor as the husbands of two vacationing couples.

It's from a Neil Simon play and most of the lines feel like LINES, not like real language. Jane Fonda, in particular, has a hard time nailing the right cadence and tone.

Some of it's very funny. Matthau's situation gets pretty entertaining when his wife shows up and he's got a passed out hooker in his bed. That situation has the best resolution of any of the storylines. The Pryor/Cosby one is ok...essentially everything that can go wrong DOES go wrong, and they have pretty solid chemistry together. The comedy of those elements is tonally off from the rather serious stuff surrounding the Smith/Caine storyline and the Alda/Fonda storyline, resulting in some rather jarring shifts in tone throughout the film.

It was OK, not great. One and done for sure.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                        I think Rob's made his case clear and, while I don't disagree with either of you, my understanding is that he's saying enjoying something on a more base level does not equal disengaging the brain. Which I agree with most.

and that's wrong.

You're making an argument for ignorance by using another construct for ignorance.

It doesn't matter how much you build upon it, if you say that you can enjoy something without thinking about it....THAT'S WRONG.
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• West of Memphis. Great documentary about the freeing of the West Memphis 3. Much better than Paradise Lost 2 and 3 or whatever. But everytime Eddie Veddar showed up I felt incredibly old.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                            West of Memphis. Great documentary about the freeing of the West Memphis 3. Much better than Paradise Lost 2 and 3 or whatever. But everytime Eddie Veddar showed up I felt incredibly old.
                            See! You thought about that.
                            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• And I thought too much on CALIFORNIA SUITE.
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                                See! You thought about that.

Comment

Working...
                                X