Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man of Steel.

First time since I saw it in IMAX and left drained but satisfied.

Still felt very positive upon the conclusion of this that beyond the divisive innernet wars and tweets of hate and angar, it was a really solid modern construction of the character (as far as giving him a separate but relateable cinematic existence because eat spacenuts, fanboys).

That moment with Diane Lane and Clark trapped at school gave me the feels outta nowhere. Didn't expect that reaction on a smaller screen but everyone plays it so well.

Pa Kent's death is the only thing that kinda irks me. Maybe it's the fact I can't separate my feelings from the Glenn Ford incarnation or that Donner and Co. made that moment impossible to improve upon. That they tried a different kind of framing for the psychology of the character and the tragedy of losing his father BY CHOICE is infinitely more fucked up and keeps Clark's alien origin his main identity. Some poopoo it, but I appreciate the attempt and hope it bores fruit in the next chapter.

Faora is STILL mai waifu. Get your own, Colonel Gene!
    Last edited by Captain Russ; 11-27-2013, 04:30 PM.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      It was so damn good. If I didn't enjoy zombies so much this would be above Shaun.
      Wouldn't say this, but WE's is, when I think of it, really good.

Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
      Man of Steel.

First time since I saw it in IMAX and left drained but satisfied.

Still felt very positive upon the conclusion of this that beyond the divisive innernet wars and tweets of hate and angar, it was a really solid modern construction of the character (as far as giving him a separate but relateable cinematic existence because eat spacenuts, fanboys).

That moment with Diane Lane and Clark trapped at school gave me the feels outta nowhere. Didn't expect that reaction on a smaller screen but everyone plays it so well.

Pa Kent's death is the only thing that kinda irks me. Maybe it's the fact I can't separate my feelings from the Glenn Ford incarnation or that Donner and Co. made that moment impossible to improve upon. That they tried a different kind of framing for the psychology of the character and the tragedy of losing his father BY CHOICE is infinitely more fucked up and keeps Clark's alien origin his main identity. Some poopoo it, but I appreciate the attempt and hope it bores fruit in the next chapter.

Faora is STILL mai waifu. Get your own, Colonel Gene!
      Fuck off Russ, you were just studying his physique.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
        Fuck off Russ, you were just studying his physique.
        You fuck off. If he can do it, I can do it.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Yeah. It's the food part that I find tough. I love sweets SO MUCH!

Comment

• The sweet stuff is luckily not my thing.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I watched The World's End for the second time this week and I officially love it. Still genuinely funny (Eddie Marsan! Smashy Smashy Eggman!), but just so unique and polished. And if nothing else - Holy Shit, Simon Pegg is amazing in this. Great character, incredible performance. Yep, love this film.
              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Spring Breakers - Film of a generation. Incredible. Absolutely adored it. Franco is a god amongst men. It's on Amazon Instant so if you have prime go watch it now.

Maniac (remake) - Really liked it. Elijah was all the way creepy in it. That ending? Oh FUCKKKKKKKK son.

Comment

• spppprrriiinnngggg brrrrreeeeaaakkkkkkk
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• watched Seven last night. Finally was able to get my tv settings as nice as I could so we've been watching flicks with the true motion turned on and this movie looked FUCKING AMAZING with it. It was crystal fucking clear and looked as if it was shot yesterday. No weird ghosting or halos around people and the action scenes were smooth as fuck. sooo good.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• what's in the box? WHAAAAAATSS IN DAA BOOOOOXXXX??!?!?!??!??!?!??!?!??!??!?!???!?
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• The Sitter

So meh. The mixed race girl was hot as hell, the rest was rarely more than vaguely amusing.

ETA: Kylie Bunbury. Yes please.

I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                          The Sitter

So meh. The mixed race girl was hot as hell, the rest was rarely more than vaguely amusing.

ETA: Kylie Bunbury. Yes please.

I'd like to bury it in her bun. Oh!

Comment

• Frozen

Loved the shit out of it. Classic, it will be.

Comment

• FROZEN was fantastic. Loved every second of it. Olav is gonna make Disney an absolute mint in merchandising over the next few years.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• The Heat. My wife's a big Melissa McCarthy fan. This was kind of funny. Not laugh out loud, side splittingly funny, but I chuckled a few times. OutLANDish and unrealistic plot, though. But Bullock as straight (wo)man and McCarthy as the bad cop were pretty solid performances. Bill Burr was a hoot as well.
                                I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

Working...
                                X