Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
    We studied Stagecoach. Because if nothing else, the final action sequence pretty much invented action editing in the US.

The only other Western we even looked at was Once Upon a Time in the West.
    That's awesome. Seriously, that action sequence would have felt right at home in a modern day film. It reminded me of final sequence in THE ROAD WARRIOR in many ways.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    Originally posted by Martin
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Stagecoach was the first instance of a object to object jump live on film. Anywhere.

They had to do it one take, because the stunt man that was intended to do it died the week before.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• EVIL DEAD remake- I can't remember the last time I saw so much gore thrown around on the screen. Wow. I didn't think it was all that great but, then again, I'm not enamored with the originals either.

21 JUMP STREET- I still love this. I was pretty excited to see the set video yesterday as proof that, yes, the sequel is happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
          I didn't hate it, Matt, although there was an awful lot to dislike. The story was very messy and the same problems which marred the first one weren't addressed, like J.J.'s reliance on spectacle and a really generic villain (sorry, Cumberfans) to justify all the zipping around.

Attempting to reinvent the series is fine; I'd just like it to retain some vestige of the Star Trek 'feel' apart from form-fitting uniforms and transporters.
          Reruns are what you want then.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The World's End

Weakest of the 3 movies, but still is a really damn fine one. The more I think about it, the more I liked it. What a fantastic bunch of actors. And Brosnan!
            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
              The World's End

Weakest of the 3 movies, but still is a really damn fine one. The more I think about it, the more I liked it. What a fantastic bunch of actors. And Brosnan!
              Just watched this last night. What an odd movie. Tried to be many things. I know I missed a ton of refernces. I liked it?
              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• I think it's a grower. I probably just about prefer it to Hot Fuzz if only cos it's damn funny, all the way through and a couple of the fights are near-genius.
                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I loved it in the theatre. Gonna drop paper on the trilogy since my Shaun DVD now skips and I'd also like to see Bilbo get his shit slapped again.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Overall is a fucking solid trilogy. Shaun is the masterpiece, but still, wow.

And I really liked how Gary is a fucking dick, but at the end, he's still realistically growing up while still being himself.

Comment

• The Postman. I haven't seen this since the VHS days. So it was glorious in HD on the big screen.

Lesley was hooked and this movie totally still works for me. I like the book much better (only for the fact they go more in depth about Nathan Holn and Cyclops) but this is still an entertaining flick. Plus, Tom Petty.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• It bombed, but it wasn't bad. Not sure it was great, but I remember liking it.

Comment

• Saw 12 Years A Slave last weekend. Was damn good. Not too preachy. Great cinematography, I predict noms for picture, directing, acting, supporting, cinematography, writing. Fassbender most definitely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                            The Postman. I haven't seen this since the VHS days. So it was glorious in HD on the big screen.

Lesley was hooked and this movie totally still works for me. I like the book much better (only for the fact they go more in depth about Nathan Holn and Cyclops) but this is still an entertaining flick. Plus, Tom Petty.
                            Originally posted by Martin View Post
                            It bombed, but it wasn't bad. Not sure it was great, but I remember liking it.
                            You're talking about the Costner movie, right?

It's fucking AWFUL. I mean... I love Will Patton in it and I've somehow ended up watching it maybe four times in total, but as entertaining as it is, it's still dreadful.
                            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                              You're talking about the Costner movie, right?

It's fucking AWFUL. I mean... I love Will Patton in it and I've somehow ended up watching it maybe four times in total, but as entertaining as it is, it's still dreadful.
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I love The Postman. Flaws and all.
                                Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                                Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                                POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X