Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved the first, can't wait for the new one. Glad to hear it doesn't suck.

Watched Halloween 3 with Lesley last night as she's never seen it. This movie still totally fucking works despite its name. Atkins is the man and Lesley really enjoyed it. Which is awesome because this movie tends to polarize people.

also watched The Mist in black and white just for fun. IT works so much better this way than in color. The creepy factor is completely amped up this way.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Love The Mistin black and white.
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Love The Mist in black and white.
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• DOUBLE INDEMNITY (1944)

Crossed another classic off of my 'haven't seen it yet' list. While I could never get used to Fred MacMurray as some sort of suave lothario (he insisted on calling Stanwyck's character 'baby' throughout the film...this continuously made the wife and I laugh), this was a really solid film noir that has a really strong central premise. The acting is pretty great across the board, too.

I'll never be able to watch MY THREE SONS again, though.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          Originally posted by Martin
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• The Hobbit.

Meh. It's okay. Some great, some bad. Gollum, while being cool to look at, has the poorest scenes (boring as FUCK). Loved the Thorin and the dwarves scenes.

I mean, I REALLY liked LOTR, but they're stretching this thing waaaaaaaaaaay too much.

Also, Kevin SMith was right. There's way too much walking in this thing.

The Bourne Legacy

Holy shit was thing thing average. So glad I didn't see this thing in theaters.

Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
            Thor: The Next One

I REALLY liked it. There's 20 minutes in the middle where I was all, 'What the fuck's going on?' and 'Why the fuck is that dude doing that to that person?', but it's really funny - the funniest of the Marvel films, perhaps with the exception of the The Avengers - and is at times a bonkers space opera, with spaceship battles and ay'thing; at times a war film, with big Gladiator-esque battles and ay'thing; and the rest of the times just remembers to be big, beautiful, silly fun.

There's a sombre moment at the mid-point that wasn't over-played and was genuinely very touching and visually gorgeous. Portman is INSANELY beautiful but has plenty to do, whether it's perky, fish-out-of-water comedy or more dramatic stuff, there's generally more of everything - Loki, The Warriors 3, Heimdall, Darcy, Erik etc. - and the only thing the film really lacks is in having a solid, clearly-defined villain. Christopher Eccleston is fine as Malekith, but he's nothing new, original or particularly memorable. And, I have to say, I think a really good film has been built around a weak leading man. Hemsworth still does not convince as anything beyond a pretty, muscular dude in robes. A God he is not. Hiddlestone though - so awesome.

All in all, better than the majority of the summer blockbusters and a really enjoyable couple of hours. I'd say I prefer it to the first film.
            Yay. I liked the first, despite it being the weakest Phase 1 movie (Iron Man 2 doesn't exist, and the Hulk movies either).
            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• The Incredible Hulk is awesome.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Rob is Late to the Party: Argo

Really good. Affleck was great as was any scene with Arkin and Goodman.

The last 10 minutes were tense as fuck even with knowing how it would end.

Comment

• I just recently saw Argo too. It was legit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    DOUBLE INDEMNITY (1944)

Crossed another classic off of my 'haven't seen it yet' list. While I could never get used to Fred MacMurray as some sort of suave lothario (he insisted on calling Stanwyck's character 'baby' throughout the film...this continuously made the wife and I laugh), this was a really solid film noir that has a really strong central premise. The acting is pretty great across the board, too.

I'll never be able to watch MY THREE SONS again, though.

I saw this movie before I ever watched an episode of My Three Sons. I kept waiting for Fred to slap the shit out of those three punks and then bang the neighbor.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• The Devil's Rejects. Yep, still awesome. Still worthy of being in my top 20 of all time. Moseley is amazing in this and that hotel scene is still horrifying.

Comment

• It's weird to watch that after House of 1000 Corpses and realize the same guy is behind both movies. Rejects is just so much better.

DEAD MAN DOWN- eh, it was okay. There was apparently NO budget for lighting rigs but Farrell seethes appropriately.

OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN- so much blood. So many headshots.

Comment

• IT's the argument that Ceej and I have constantly RE: House/Devil's

House is a cartoon. Devil's is not

Comment

• THAT ^.
                            I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• he prefers House and I just can't get behind that. AT all.

Comment

• Devil's is the pinnacle of Zombie's directing thus far.

Comment

Working...
                                X