Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The direction wasn't anything special in my opinion, but that's ok...it got out of the way of the actors to let them to their job.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      The direction wasn't anything special in my opinion, but that's ok...it got out of the way of the actors to let them to their job.

If you liked it, then watch Targets and Paper Moon. Bogdanovich has a style, but the dude is so laid back that people put a mirror under his nose to see if he's still breathing.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Paper Moon's great.
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Totally love PAPER MOON. Fantastic movie. Never saw TARGETS, though.
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
            Totally love PAPER MOON. Fantastic movie. Never saw TARGETS, though.

Targets is very awkward at points, but it's one of Karloff's last movies.

Basically, mix in the JFK assassination mythos with classic horror and suspense.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• A little bit of background:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063671/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Comment

• Movie 43. What. The. Fuck.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• So fucking terrible. Ugh, I'm still annoyed I wasted 90 minutes if my life on it. Although I am a little curious to see how many sites are dedicated to that scene where Halle Berry smashes guacamole with her boob.

Comment

• was that her real tit? God this movie was horrible. fuck.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Well, I didn't do a comparison to that scene in Swordfish but I assume it was. All the special makeup effect budget probably went to Wolverine's chin balls. SPOILER ALERT.

Comment

• Watched The To Do List, while doing my fuck ton of recent reviews.

I still have huge problems with the third act, but it's good. It's really good.

Comment

• Thor: The Next One

I REALLY liked it. There's 20 minutes in the middle where I was all, 'What the fuck's going on?' and 'Why the fuck is that dude doing that to that person?', but it's really funny - the funniest of the Marvel films, perhaps with the exception of the The Avengers - and is at times a bonkers space opera, with spaceship battles and ay'thing; at times a war film, with big Gladiator-esque battles and ay'thing; and the rest of the times just remembers to be big, beautiful, silly fun.

There's a sombre moment at the mid-point that wasn't over-played and was genuinely very touching and visually gorgeous. Portman is INSANELY beautiful but has plenty to do, whether it's perky, fish-out-of-water comedy or more dramatic stuff, there's generally more of everything - Loki, The Warriors 3, Heimdall, Darcy, Erik etc. - and the only thing the film really lacks is in having a solid, clearly-defined villain. Christopher Eccleston is fine as Malekith, but he's nothing new, original or particularly memorable. And, I have to say, I think a really good film has been built around a weak leading man. Hemsworth still does not convince as anything beyond a pretty, muscular dude in robes. A God he is not. Hiddlestone though - so awesome.

All in all, better than the majority of the summer blockbusters and a really enjoyable couple of hours. I'd say I prefer it to the first film.
                          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                            Watched The To Do List, while doing my fuck ton of recent reviews.

I still have huge problems with the third act, but it's good. It's really good.
                            Will have to take this one off the maybe list and add it to the fo sho list.

Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                            Thor: The Next One

I REALLY liked it. There's 20 minutes in the middle where I was all, 'What the fuck's going on?' and 'Why the fuck is that dude doing that to that person?', but it's really funny - the funniest of the Marvel films, perhaps with the exception of the The Avengers - and is at times a bonkers space opera, with spaceship battles and ay'thing; at times a war film, with big Gladiator-esque battles and ay'thing; and the rest of the times just remembers to be big, beautiful, silly fun.

There's a sombre moment at the mid-point that wasn't over-played and was genuinely very touching and visually gorgeous. Portman is INSANELY beautiful but has plenty to do, whether it's perky, fish-out-of-water comedy or more dramatic stuff, there's generally more of everything - Loki, The Warriors 3, Heimdall, Darcy, Erik etc. - and the only thing the film really lacks is in having a solid, clearly-defined villain. Christopher Eccleston is fine as Malekith, but he's nothing new, original or particularly memorable. And, I have to say, I think a really good film has been built around a weak leading man. Hemsworth still does not convince as anything beyond a pretty, muscular dude in robes. A God he is not. Hiddlestone though - so awesome.

All in all, better than the majority of the summer blockbusters and a really enjoyable couple of hours. I'd say I prefer it to the first film.
                            If it's better than the first I'll be happy.
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I don't know that it's a better film, as it's not as tightly structured as the first. There's more action and humour and both work better here.

Comment

• More and better sound positive to me. :-D
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X