Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    the mansion invasion was my favorite part. RDJ really shined in that sequence. I still have only seen this one in the theater. I really need to go grab this on blue.

Same here. I've seen twice in theaters due to preview screenings and then I got a BR disc in a paper sleeve since Marvel is weird ass shit to reviewers.

Still haven't watched that disc all the way. I checked out the Agent Carter short film and demo'd a few scenes on the setup.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Come Black Friday, I'll be buying IM3 and a bunch of other blu rays on the cheap.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      Originally posted by Martin
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
        Come Black Friday, I'll be buying IM3 and a bunch of other blu rays on the cheap.

Like I was telling Cinematallica dude. Due to Best Buy being in stock trouble, studio overstocks and general competition from Amazon...I'm expecting this Black Friday to be incredibly DVD/BR heavy. Hell, I'd say this is the last big push to move physical media.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Before the 4K comes and swallows the earth.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
            Before the 4K comes and swallows the earth.

I don't see 4K making that much of a dent. Too much shit going against it.

Comment

• Solomon Kane. This looked big budget. A real shame it never got a theatrical release I'm aware of. The film itself is below average: predictible plot, somewhat wooden acting, plodding third act & abrupt, disappointing ending. But I always really liked the Robert E. Howard character, and the comic adaptations from the olden days of Savage Sword of Conan. If for no other reason, this film should have gotten some hype and a theatrical release to raise awareness of the character among this generation. And I have to admit, that part where he "suits up", putting on the trademark red sash and the cloak, and grabbing that Pilgrom hat. . . made the fanboy part of me sit up and take notice. I can never explain it. . . maye it's just the fact that a Puritan is such a different type of character for the heroic fiction yarn, dominated as it always hasbeen by barbarians, pirates, & spacemen. But for some reason this character really resonated with me.
              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Kick-Ass 2.

What a confused and silly movie.

Barely recognized Lindy Booth as Nightbitch. Gahtdamn, y'all.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Watchin' Crumb, all I can think whenever I see that gangly bastard is that he is the spitting image of that fucking goon from Student Bodies who pisses in the corner of the classroom.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• fucking love Crumb.

Checked out Curse of Chucky last night.

Not bad, much better than Seed, but it's a real slow burn. It's a reboot/remake/sequel and it mostly works.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• MANIAC (Frodo version)- I've never seen the original. This is pretty fucked up, though. The 1st person camera works for the most part although they do make a few cheats. The cheats come at pretty big character breaks so I understand the reasoning behind them but it surprised me and kind of took me out of the moment. But I suppose I shouldn't be putting myself in the shoes of a serial killer anyway?

Comment

• I liked Maniac a fair bit. It's stayed with me.
                        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Maniac was ambitious, but was not very good. The breaks in the structure that DJ Grave Rave mentioned just took a wrecking ball to the really solid foundations of the experiment.

Wood's acting wasn't bad, but when it came to the flashbacks to the origins of his psychosis (and/or when he is narrating during those sequences), man those two things coupled together is when it became cringeworthy. The scene at the end won back some of the lost interest though.

Strong beginning, but it felt like it was spinning the same wheels as so many killer movies that have come before that it assumed a derivative frankenstein identity that wasn't doing anything new and I just became bored and put off by the film's end.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I assume you don't mean this classic:

?

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                              Maniac was ambitious, but was not very good. The breaks in the structure that DJ Grave Rave mentioned just took a wrecking ball to the really solid foundations of the experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                                I assume you don't mean this classic:

?

The recent remake with Elijah Wood.

Comment

Working...
                                X