Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combine both for MAXIMUM EFFECT!
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
      UPSIDE DOWN- sure it looks cool but that wears off fast. Boring story, boring leads. Only watched it all the way throughout because I'm in a hotel room hating life right now.
      Cheezit! The Feds!
      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Ok can that stop being a thing? Just asking.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• NEVER!

Comment

• hahaha. Oh man, FEDS. I remember my mom watched that all the time.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I'd hang around for the blonde. Just sayin'.
              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Rob, same here - damn thing was on heavy rotation on HBO way back when.

Ig, same here, though Mary Gross was kinda cute back then. Nice gams, too.

Last night, Jen and I caught The Hobbit on HBO. I enjoyed it, but I do get some of the criticism lobbed at it. Once the party leaves Bag End, the film picks up speed, and the momentum doesn't lag too much afterwards.

The 48fps frame rate does show here - everything's hyped up color and lighting-wise and there's so much detail exposed it almost becomes hard to follow what's going on in some scenes (the Goblin King's domain, for example). I'm going to have to rewatch this to process it better. Jen did make a point prior to us watching this that it might work better to wait until all three films are released and watch 'em in a marathon to better enjoy the experience. Since that logic worked wonders for me watching the LOTR trilogy, I'm probably going to do the same here.

Comment

• CAPTAIN PHILLIPS:

Very good, not great. The first hour is absolutely riveting, but the film kinda loses steam once they get into the damned lifeboat. It's still good, but it gets repetitive at that point and could really use an edit to trim some of that down. Hanks is a lock on an Oscar nom...no surprise there. Worth seeing but you can wait for dvd/blu ray.

BRINGING UP BABY:

Finally saw this. It's a little too shrill and LOUD LOUD LOUD for my tastes (Hepburn and Grant talk a mile a minute and it got tiresome) but it works as a goofy romantic comedy. It's certainly the best rom com I've ever seen featuring a leopard.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    CAPTAIN PHILLIPS:

Very good, not great. The first hour is absolutely riveting, but the film kinda loses steam once they get into the damned lifeboat. It's still good, but it gets repetitive at that point and could really use an edit to trim some of that down. Hanks is a lock on an Oscar nom...no surprise there. Worth seeing but you can wait for dvd/blu ray.
                    I agree and disagree. I thought it was pretty great and, while I can see what you're saying about the last act, I was never not gripped and the final few minutes I found quite powerful. Greengrass is firing on all cylinders throughout, as is Hanks. I can kind of see (I think) where they added a little bit of extra action for fiction's sake, but I was ok with it here because everything else was so well done and even-handed.

And this is totally a film for the big screen. I thought the scale and sound were awesome, things that would be diminished at home. Well worth a trip to the cinema for this one. It sits somewhere above Green Zone and just short of United 93 for me.
                    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• so, shocker, the real Captain Phillips was a dickhead.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Watched it again and I'm pretty sure IRON MAN 3 is my favorite of the series. That airplane rescue and the final fight? Man.

Comment

• CITY LIGHTS (1931), Charlie Chaplin

I'd seen MODERN TIMES and THE GOLD RUSH, but I'd never seen this one before. I now get why many people say that it's his best: it's 100% charming from beginning to end with some incredibly funny scenes in it (especially the boxing match), and the ending is pretty much perfect. Glad I finally got to see it.
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                            Watched it again and I'm pretty sure IRON MAN 3 is my favorite of the series. That airplane rescue and the final fight? Man.
                            *HIGH FIVE*

And while I love those sequences, what sold me was the mansion invasion feature the glove and a boot (was it a boot?) and his homemade devices. That and the Mandarin reveal.

And Shane Black should direct all movies.

And a David Mamet flick.

"You complete me."
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Word Martin. Definitely the highlights of the show for me too.

The hot unkillable extremis girl is in there as well.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• the mansion invasion was my favorite part. RDJ really shined in that sequence. I still have only seen this one in the theater. I really need to go grab this on blue.

Comment

Working...
                                X