Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People still care about Poptallica?
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I care, buddy. Some people still enjoy things in life.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I left the boat a long while ago. Totally respect their work until after the black album. After that....
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I like Metallica but I just feel like I'm enabling the abuse of Kirk Hamet if I support them monetarily. That documentary made me feel so sad for him.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• After working out to Death Magnetic a couple of summers ago, I've not given a flying Lars about their past history since (that album somehow allowed me and many others to move on). Seems like they've embraced the parodization of themselves at this point and it is now a strength more than the embarrassment it has been.

"Creeping Death" has never sounded so good.

Bottom line: I had fun.
            Last edited by Captain Russ; 10-04-2013, 08:41 PM.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The theatre downtown is doing their Halloween screenings. Went to Beetlejuice tonight. Laughed, boozed, and was reminded of the unbridled imagination that Timmy B. had during that production. Good times.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I liked Death Magnetic for what that's worth. St. Anger could have been better imho
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Angar was doodoo. Mags was legit.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Go see GRAVITY. Stop what you're doing and go. Right now. The script has issues but holy shit is this a cinematic experience to behold. We saw it in Imax 3D and it was worth every penny.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Gravy Tea

It was glorious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                        Go see GRAVITY. Stop what you're doing and go. Right now. The script has issues but holy shit is this a cinematic experience to behold. We saw it in Imax 3D and it was worth every penny.
                        After seeing most of the summer's films before you foreigners, I'm gutted to realise that it's at least a month before I get the chance to see this. And it's IMAX all the way for me.

I've loved the ad campaign for this film and the feedback that this is an essential theatrical cinema experience is really gratifying. I hope this opens big enough for the people behind the scenes to see that, even with big spectacle, less is often more. It doesn't have to be over-complicated and you don't have to feed us every detail in the advertising build-up. A quality tease can be as good as a promise and Gravity sounds like it's delivered, at least in small part, because it didn't promise too much.
                        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• ROB O VISION IS HAVING A COMEBACK
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Ransom. Still really enjoy this flick. Sinese is nice and skeezy, Duddits too, and Gibson is on point.

The scene where Sinese is trying to get the money and the kid pisses himself is still pretty great.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                              After seeing most of the summer's films before you foreigners, I'm gutted to realise that it's at least a month before I get the chance to see this. And it's IMAX all the way for me.

I've loved the ad campaign for this film and the feedback that this is an essential theatrical cinema experience is really gratifying. I hope this opens big enough for the people behind the scenes to see that, even with big spectacle, less is often more. It doesn't have to be over-complicated and you don't have to feed us every detail in the advertising build-up. A quality tease can be as good as a promise and Gravity sounds like it's delivered, at least in small part, because it didn't promise too much.
                              WHO U CALLIN A FURNER, FURNER?

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                              Ransom. Still really enjoy this flick. Sinese is nice and skeezy, Duddits too, and Gibson is on point.

The scene where Sinese is trying to get the money and the kid pisses himself is still pretty great.
                              Totes

Comment

• Prisoners

Yeah, pretty damn good. It starts to go a little too Hollywood towards the end, but the very ending was nice and up to that point it's surprisingly dark and brutal. Jake G is so damn watchable, I'm glad he was carrying more of the film than Hugh 'I like to scowl' Jackman, even if he was going a lot less song and dance than usual.

I would say if you like European fare like Headhunters and Tell No One, this is pretty much on a level with the latter and slightly behind the former. Solid as a rock, mostly.
                                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Working...
                                X