Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PHEDG View Post
    Prisoners

I predict GG and Oscar noms for both Gyllenhaal and Jackman.

8.5/10
    Being a father, this movie horrified me. But it's so fucking good.

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    This is the End.

eh. It was okay. 25 mins too long.
    Wait a fucking minute here. A stoner flick that I liked more than Rob?

WHAT IN THE FUCK?

Still, I loved it all. And that cameo was glorious.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• The Last Starfighter

I watch it for the first time in years with my 5 years old son. He really liked it. But even he mentionned the FX looking like a video game.

This movie is ripe for a remake. GET ON IT YOU FUCKING HOLLYWOOD FUCKS.

Comment

• Carrie.

Feel good movie of the bicentennial.

Until it is right in your big fat fucking face, you forget the surreal aspects (light-up eye Jesus Rumble Pak®, slow-motion showers/periods, Piper Laurie's forehead wrinkles, John Travolta playing a straight male) and just how unbelievably comic booky the shot choices were.

JFK.

Half-drunk, I started this at about one this morning. I stayed up for the whole fucking thing.

Felt like a half hour went by.
        Still some of the best editing ever done in a film in the history of ever. Yeah. High fucking praise for a high fucking praiseworthy job.

Also, Kev's big Tennyson speech at the end with that fourth wall break where he looks into the soul of the audience gave me the douchechills, even after all these years and how much it should feel like a hamfisted moment. It's just so goddamned earnest that it works.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• RUSH

Fantastic. Easily the best film that I've seen so far this year, and easily Ron Howard's best film period. Riveting, engaging, and entertaining from start to finish. The acting is great across the board (Hemsworth and Bruhl are amazing) and the racing scenes are truly thrilling.

The female roles are severely underwritten, though. Olivia Wilde, in particular, is essentially window dressing for the few scenes that she's in. I suspect that a lot of her work ended up on the cutting room floor for pacing.

Another slight issue is with the character focus. In the beginning, the focus is primarily on James Hunt. It gradually shifts to Niki Lauda in a fairly organic way because of what happens. At the end, there's kinda a jarring shift back to Hunt that is necessary for thethe story BUT could maybe have been handles better.

Those issues did not effect my enjoyment of the film, though. This is first class all the way and a superior achievement in film. It does not feel like a Ron Howard film at all, and that's a credit to him. Highly recommended.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          Originally posted by Martin
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Cool. I know their story, espiecally Lauda, and here we have a Grand Prix, so I know F1 racing a lot. Fuck yeah, I'm seeing this.

Comment

• The New Joy'sey GP was confirmed this week, as well. Good F1 news this week.

Comment

• Well hopefully it won't be a fucking oval...

Comment

• What I miss about the 70-80's era is that the pilots were a BIG part of the equation.

Nowadays, it's an engineering contest.

Comment

• On Rerb's recommendation mainly, INSIDIOUS. He's right. This was a nifty little horror flick. It occurred t me as I was watching it that there's a sub genre of horror flick that, until fairly recently, had gone mostly neglected since the 70's: the demonic possession flick. I've never been overly impressed w/ most of the examples I've seen thus far (apart from the one that started it all, THE EXORCIST), but this one was exceptionally creepy and well done.
                    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Fun one.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                        On Rerb's recommendation mainly, INSIDIOUS. He's right. This was a nifty little horror flick. It occurred t me as I was watching it that there's a sub genre of horror flick that, until fairly recently, had gone mostly neglected since the 70's: the demonic possession flick. I've never been overly impressed w/ most of the examples I've seen thus far (apart from the one that started it all, THE EXORCIST), but this one was exceptionally creepy and well done.

IT's not bad but I'm still not a fan of the 3rd act. Check out The Conjuring when you get chance Iggy. You'll love it. Also check out Sinister if you haven't. Both are better than Insidious in my opinion.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The Hunt (Jagten)

Excellent film from Thomas Vinterberg. Where Festen was about a long hidden history of child abuse coming to the surface, The Hunt is about a false accusation that snowballs because, for whatever reason, the adults in the story all want it to be true, even in the face of the child denying it.

Mads Mikkelsen plays the accused, a teacher with an excellent relationship with the kids, whose life is ruined by the lie. And he is amazing. The little girl that starts the whole thing going also gives one of the best child performances I've seen in a long while - and I mean little, she's playing 6 or 7 I would say.

It's not graphic or explicit in any way - whatever is said to have happened is always talked around, using euphemisms and childish terms - but it's often a very uncomfortable film. There are a number of confrontations that are either shocking or unbearably cruel. I thought overall this was handled very well and was engrossing from start to finish. Highly recommended.
                          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Nevermind that shit, here comes Metallica.

Through the Never.

More Moonwalker than Thriller in the wraparound bullshit story guiding the music, it was a ridiculous but fun experience with hilarious (unintentional) nonsense throughout to act as a break between as well as cue for the set list.

See it buzzed and you'll be Americlapping and singing/Lars-facing along with it all the way through to the end like I was on a fucking Wednesday night with the six other people who had nothing better to do.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• stupid question, but did you see it Rob-O-vision? I've read it's actually pretty decent that way.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• No choice. I had my grandpa glasses on and was Lars-facing.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X