Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prisoners

I predict GG and Oscar noms for both Gyllenhaal and Jackman.

8.5/10

Comment

• Sinister

Yep, I enjoyed it. Kind of figured out how it would end although
        Spoiler: ending spoilers 
      I thought it would be the son, given his night terrors etc.

Solid film, though and Scott Derrickson did a nice job on it - looking at his previous credits, this must be his best film to date. Still a few too many jump scares, but it was well paced and different enough to be well worth a watch.
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by PHEDG View Post
        Prisoners

8.5/10

Jackman has a shot if the year remains light, but it won't. They'll get GG noms, Paul Dano might too.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by PHEDG View Post
          Prisoners

8.5/10
          Performances are all there but I was mixed.
          Originally posted by Ari
          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• White House Down

Super dumb, but just edges out Olympus Has Fallen in the fun stakes overall. Olympus still has the superior action set-piece with the opening attack and WHD has clearly been toned down for violence (I guarantee there's a harder cut coming to DVD), but this was still a passable couple of hours. The car chase on the White House lawn is probably the highlight, though there's a nice helicopter attack sequence too. The effects are nowhere near as bad as they seemed in the early trailers, in fact I thought the whole film looked pretty nice. Chan Chan is fine, but everyone else apart from James Woods seems to not have much to do, including Foxx. Always nice to see Jason Clarke as well.

Fun, but probably a once and done for me.
            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• This is the End.

eh. It was okay. 25 mins too long.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• This is the End.

eh. It was okay. 25 mins too long.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• This is Rob's Post.

Eh. It was okay. 1 post too long.

Seriously though, Totes agreed. Trim that shit down, felt like FOOOO-EVA
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• It lost some steam towards the end (ironic?) and I didn't care for the final scene at all, but McBride, Cera and Franco were all great. Also, Pineapple Express 2.

Comment

• Fuck you, Backstreet's back.

Alright?
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• That was the kind of ending a Shrek movie would have. Trot out some ironic celebs and have a sing song - boom, you've got an ending!

Comment

• I think people give Rogen and his friendo more credit than they should be afforded.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I didn't really dig This is the End that much. It meandered far too long in the beginning, and other than Craig Robinson and McBride nobody really impressed me.
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                              Fuck you, Backstreet's back.

Alright?
                              I'll never let you go, Russ.
                              Originally posted by Ari
                              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• It had it's moments but it was too long and not all that funny in long stretches.

That being said, it was nice to have Jay in a bigger role. I've liked him since Undeclared.

Comment

Working...
                                X