Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riddick.

I enjoyed it for the most part, though moments that really should have been intense or pulse pounding were lost due to the sound mix (I have a feeling that had more to do with the theatre and less with the actual film...I hope).

Sackhoff nipples, going halfsies on a decapitation, Johnny Tapia getting his ass beat, Rick's zebrahyenadog, and the nighttime hoverbikin' (basically batmobile turbines mixed with Dredd's Lawmaster) were all pretty cool bits in what was a return to more focused storytelling and a fine restart to those sorts of adventures for the Furyan with the nitelite eyes.

The slow burn of Riddick navigating the shithole planet was actually my favorite part.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Is this supposed to be a sequel to Chronicles, or a remake of Pitch Black?
      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• It's got ties to both but is more in the vein of the OG.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Heard some venomous, misogynistic things about Riddick and nothing so far that makes it worth seeing in the cinema so, fuck it.
          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• NO BEN, FUCK YOU!!!!*

*not really but jeeze man, it's Riddick, he's killing shit. What more do you need?
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• The "balls deep" line was crossed.

But then I didn't expect likeable characters.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• My final words on the subject:

It's totally a small-screen venture and it shows in spots, but I enjoyed the big screen moments that shone through (most of the spots I had previously listed as pluses).

The "venomous misogyny" is completely in character in context. Whoever is crying about it can eat the loosest of stools.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Could you say Sackoff went StarBUCK naked? OLOLOLOL, good one, grave.

Comment

• I could. But I have to look at myself in the morning.

BOOM

(But nah, it's mostly a side view affair to be lewdly candid.)
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I would look at all of Sackoff's views be they side, top, bottom, or whatevs. Even my wife wants to bone her.
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Upstream Colour

I'm not really sure what I just watched, but it was hypnotic and quite brilliant at times. Languid and occasionally frustrating, but operating on a different stylistic and intellectual level to almost anything else out there. You know, like Primer.

Still, at least one walkout in the first half hour and a fair few confused laughs when the end credits came around. The girl next to me said to me as she left with her family, 'I feel sorry for you that you've got no-one to discuss it with'. Er, cheers love.
                        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I loved it, pig worms and all.

Not to sound like a man who loves the smell of his own farts (they are pretty great) but how Carruth weaves a voyeuristic, diagetic nightmare into the visual element
                            Spoiler: not sure why I even use this thing 
                          with the farmer's recordings and how it is involved in the cycle of the parasite
                          might have been my favorite moment in a film this year. Unlike any other filmmaker, he engineers the sound to be just as vital a part of the body of a film as any other aspect.

As challenging as it is, it felt just as singular a vision as his first feature. It may not reveal itself in the plot mechanics, it certainly does in the attention to other aspects of the storytelling.
                          Last edited by Captain Russ; 09-07-2013, 04:27 PM.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Carruth's films make me feel like a real dum-dum but I like them a lot.

Comment

• Open your third eye*, man.

*Not the butthole.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                                Open your third eye*, man.

*Not the butthole.
                                Maybe the butthole.

Comment

Working...
                                X