Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
    EVERYTHING YOU TOLD ME WAS A LAH!!!
    I have to admit, Matty McHeyHeyHey looking to the sky as he commented about her bird tattoo had me convinced the story was going one way and it totes did not. He really sells his role big time. SOOOOO GOOD.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• A New Hope on blu. Been awhile. Was like watching it for the first time thanks to the level of drunk I was last night. Man, Harrison was a pimp.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The team that wrote Howard the Duck did an uncredited punch up of the A new hope script. That is why it goes from Lucas pulp to Han Solo 70s slang at the drop of a hat.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• that throwaway line of "it was a boring conversation anyway" is still so good.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            super extendo cut of Avatar. STill love this fucking movie and that extra intro works so much better than we got in the theater.

I'm one of the few people excited to go back to Pandora.
            Yeah, that intro really helps sell the character, as basic as it is. Rare these days that an extended cut really improves a film, but this is my preferred cut by a fairly long chalk.
            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• most of the stuff in the extended cut is extraneous, but that opening sequence on Earth is pretty much essential to making you give a damn about Jake at all. Without it, you're pretty much stuck rooting for a guy that you don't care about at all.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              Originally posted by Martin
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                that throwaway line of "it was a boring conversation anyway" is still so good.
                Fuck yes.
                Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Whirled Wore Zee.

Brad Pitt shares the plight of Tom Jane in Homeless Dad while I continue to dispise Marc Forester and his editors.

Less about zombies, more about pandemic epics like Outbreak or 28 Days starring Sandra Bullock, there are well orchestrated moments of chaos in the beginning (along with head-spinning camera work that makes men like Jodie Verell reach for the shotgun) as well as the lead-in to the scaled back final reel, but it all feels incredibly toothless and safe, even as humanity sprints toward its end.

The confluence of a kneecapped rating to appeal to a wider audience, as well as those reshoots to yet again appeal to a wider audience, left me unsatisfied. But as a global thriller you could do worse, I suppose. If you were a fan of Max Brooks' stuff, you may recognize moments here or there but in large part this is an in-name-only WWZ.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The Warriors.

Yep, still dig this movie a lot. So much a product of its time, and with a generous dollop of camp (baseball themed street gangs? Wearing warpaint? Really?).

It'd been awhile since I last saw it, so fully cognizant of that, I settled in. Fun as it is, the film definitely needed more work, especially on the story and characters. For example, we never learn the final fate of the Warrior's leader after confronting Cyrus' men. We never get a good reason why Luther specifically framed the Warriors for what he did ("I just like doing things like that!" - lazy, lazy, lazy. OK, maybe you can make the argument that he did it because Fox saw them, but that feels kind of tacked on for some reason. Also, WTF, Fox? You couldn't mention to Swan, your fuckin' war chief, that you SAW Luther waste Cyrus? You deserved getting run over by a subway train, ya mug. And nice bit of concern for Fox by his buddies, too - he's not even mentioned again after he becomes one with the Express).

Also, guys are on the run, and yet they risk their lives for the possibility of getting some strange. Seriously? Can't that shit wait until AFTER they get back to Coney Island?

This is definitely a movie you have to turn your brain off to enjoy, because if you start wondering how these mooks would fare against an actual street gang... well, that way lies madness.

Comment

• The Baseball Furies are my favorite movie gang ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                        Yeah, that intro really helps sell the character, as basic as it is. Rare these days that an extended cut really improves a film, but this is my preferred cut by a fairly long chalk.
                        Kingdom of Heaven FTW!

The fact that the intro to Avatar was removed is so retarded. It's 5 minutes that, like Matt said, completely sells you on Worthington for the rest of the movie.
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                          The Baseball Furies are my favorite movie gang ever.
                          Troof. Lousy fighters, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                            Kingdom of Heaven FTW!

The fact that the intro to Avatar was removed is so retarded. It's 5 minutes that, like Matt said, completely sells you on Worthington for the rest of the movie.
                            Correct on all points, sir. Especially KoH.
                            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                              The Warriors.

Also, WTF, Fox? You couldn't mention to Swan, your fuckin' war chief, that you SAW Luther waste Cyrus? You deserved getting run over by a subway train, ya mug. And nice bit of concern for Fox by his buddies, too - he's not even mentioned again after he becomes one with the Express).
                              I heard that the actor playing Fox was supposed to be the lead in this film, the way Swan ended up becoming the lead. But he was such a pain in the ass for the director and other cast members to work with they wrote him out of the script. He wasn't supposed to fall in front of the subway train, Rembrandt was. I guess budgetary concerns prevented the substantial revamp a shooting so many scenes differently would have entailed.
                              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                                I heard that the actor playing Fox was supposed to be the lead in this film, the way Swan ended up becoming the lead. But he was such a pain in the ass for the director and other cast members to work with they wrote him out of the script. He wasn't supposed to fall in front of the subway train, Rembrandt was. I guess budgetary concerns prevented the substantial revamp a shooting so many scenes differently would have entailed.
                                Interesting - I did not know this! Also, guess who's gonna be at Chiller Theater in October? Fuckin' Swan, man! I'll have to ask him about that.

Right after I get my autograph and picture taken with Lita.

Comment

Working...
                                X