Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
    SOURCE CODE

I went into this cold and unspoiled, so elements of it definitely caught me by surprise. I dug it overall and really enjoyed how the story built and progressed along the way. It also stuck the landing in terms of giving it a 'happy' resolution that doesn't completely negate everything that came before it.

My wife dug it too. I was about 15 minutes into it when she started watching it and she got hooked. When it ended, I went back and showed her the beginning.

Good flick.
    It is.

Though it sucks for the dude whose body Jake hijacked. Your life? MINE BITCH!
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Requiem is a cartoon.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Red Dawn (Thor Edition)

You know what, I didn't hate it. You REALLY have to suspend your belief that north Korea could invade something else that south Korea, even with Russian backing, but still, it was, let's say, decent. Thor's little bother, aka Bland Mcfuck, is forgettable, but it has Thor and Jeffrey Dean Morgan, so thumbs up on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
          Requiem for a Dream

I'm not gonna go into the problems of the film cos I'm sure it's been done to death (and I just recorded a podcast about it), but goddamn, Ellen Burstyn is incredible in this film. Made me tear up multiple times and - while Brockovich is overall a better film - she was robbed by Julia Roberts at the 2000 Oscars. Just heartbreaking, brave, raw brilliance.

There's plenty of things to like in the film - not least Matty Libatique's camera and Clint Mansell's amazing score - but it made me realise that, no matter how good Aronofsky's films are, they're not very deep.
          The only thing that was greater than Burstyn and McDonald is this.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Planes

Well, it's not as bad as Cars 2, but it's pretty fucking close. Mind you, I did have a laugh at Val Kilmer and Goose being 2 fighter jets. My son liked it, but it's really not as good as Turbo.

Turbo

Pretty paint-by-the-numbers but oh so fucking FUN. Reynolds is good, but Samuel L Jackson is hilarious. The best animated flick of the summer.
            Last edited by Martin; 08-21-2013, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• TERMINATOR 2: JUDGMENT DAY

The wife enjoyed the first one, so I talked her into this one.

Yeah no. It's great for the first half, but it turns into a complete slog and pacing nightmare once they escape from the mental hospital and meet up with Enrique. From then on, it becomes tedious.

The wife thought it was OK but seriously preferred the first one, which is damned near perfect.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• T2 aged like shit. I tried watching it like 5 years ago, and couldn't get beyond the mall scene.

EEEEEEASY MONEY

Comment

• It really did. It doesn't help that there's so much 'humor' in it either. Man, I forgot how much of that crap fell flat.
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• T1 > T3 > Salvation > T2
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Salvation is not better than any other Terminator film.
                      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I personally think it is. It's a more entertaining movie than the second one and while it does have some issues, I really like Bale and Anton in it.

Comment

• I need to watch SALVATION again, but right now my memory of it puts it above my T2 viewing experience from last night.

Comment

• Are you all fucking high?

Even with its problems T2 makes the sequels look like doodoo.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I still fucking love T3. Mostly for that bleak fucking ending.

Comment

• T2 would be amazing if about 25 mins was cut.

Comment

Working...
                                X