Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinda wish there were a shared cinematic universe, if only for the GOAT "Enemy of the State" Wolverine arc.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Big Trouble In Little China is Carpenter's best. The checks in the mail!

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
        The first you read was a comic calling for the death of Wolverine but you don't hate Canada?!
        There's plenty of other reasons to hate Canada. Avril Levine, Celine Dion, keeping all the poutine for themselves, not making Mar-teen a full blown Mountie. . . but I digress.

Growing up, Cyclops was one of my favorite superheroes. And I thought Colossus was pretty great, too. Hell, I'll admit it: I even dug Wolverine for a while, too. But I was never a big reader of the X-men books because of the overshadowing presence Wolverine became. That, and the number of times they brought Jean Grey/Phoenix back.
        I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
          Mug - I'mma marry Matty McHeyHey, he's da bess.
          I can't spell. The movie was Mud. And I'mma still marry Matty McHeyHeyHey
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Big Trouble In Little China is Carpenter's best. The checks in the mail!
            mahnigga.gif
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

The first you read was a comic calling for the death of Wolverine but you don't hate Canada?!
              Ya gotta read the book. Guardian was there to bring Wolverine BACK to Canada, not kill him.

Besides, Canada gave us Rush. Therefore, I'm a love Canada all night long, son.

Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
              There's plenty of other reasons to hate Canada. Avril Levine, Celine Dion, keeping all the poutine for themselves, not making Mar-teen a full blown Mountie. . . but I digress.

Growing up, Cyclops was one of my favorite superheroes. And I thought Colossus was pretty great, too. Hell, I'll admit it: I even dug Wolverine for a while, too. But I was never a big reader of the X-men books because of the overshadowing presence Wolverine became. That, and the number of times they brought Jean Grey/Phoenix back.
              I always liked Nightcrawler, myself, and dug Kitty Pryde when she joined the team (big fan of Lockheed, too). But the more it became the Wolverine show, and that you needed a fucking slide rule and room full of UNIVACs to figure out what the hell was going on in the X-Books storywise, I bailed.

Also - Martin not being a full Mountie is BS of the highest order. He bleeds red & white, Canada! He smells like a maple leaf! GIVE HIM THE UNIFORM!

Comment

• If we're talking favorite X-Men, I have to go with Longshot. The 6 issue limited series that introduced his was awesome, and he was a cool addition to the X-Men. Fun character.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                  Ya gotta read the book. Guardian was there to bring Wolverine BACK to Canada, not kill him.

Besides, Canada gave us Rush. Therefore, I'm a love Canada all night long, son.

I always liked Nightcrawler, myself, and dug Kitty Pryde when she joined the team (big fan of Lockheed, too). But the more it became the Wolverine show, and that you needed a fucking slide rule and room full of UNIVACs to figure out what the hell was going on in the X-Books storywise, I bailed.

Also - Martin not being a full Mountie is BS of the highest order. He bleeds red & white, Canada! He smells like a maple leaf! GIVE HIM THE UNIFORM!
                  I've actually pinpointed the reason that shit happened. I was going to spin it off into another marvel long form essay.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Make that happen, bro. I wanna read it.
                    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                      Make that happen, bro. I wanna read it.

I brought it up to Claremont at a signing before and he liked the idea.

Basically, Claremont is proof positive why "The Auteur Theory" can't survive in periodicals.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• what's the word on KICK ASS 2? Reviews on RT are pretty decent (very surprised at that, actually).
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                          I've actually pinpointed the reason that shit happened. I was going to spin it off into another marvel long form essay.
                          I'm with Iggy - I love your essays and want to read this NOW.

Comment

• THE ARISTOCATS (Disney)

We were in a Disney mood and it was on Netflix streaming so we went for it. Haven't seen it in years...and I remember why. It's a 30 minute cartoon padded out to 80 minutes. The bits with the two hound dogs are great, but everything else is really flat and routine. Blah songs that aren't catchy in the slightest slow down the already padded out story so that any momentum is totally killed. Again, the movie only comes to any sort of life when the two dogs are onscreen...I'd have watched an entire film of those two doing their thing with glee.

The animation itself is pretty good. It's polished, and the movement of the cats is spot on and fairly believable. Too bad it's wasted on this effort.

Definitely a lesser Disney film.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                              what's the word on KICK ASS 2? Reviews on RT are pretty decent (very surprised at that, actually).
                              Empire liked it (3 stars - a recommendation) - said it was pretty much in keeping with the tone of the first one, but the surprise factor was gone. Funny, fun but unspectacular. Looks like a rental for me.
                              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• THE TERMINATOR

I recorded it off of HBO, hoping it would be the new remastered version that's out on blu ray. It IS, and it looks and sounds great.

It was fun watching it with my wife. She'd never seen it before and wasn't really interested in watching it, but I asked her to give the first ten minutes a try. She agreed, and she got into it and really dug it. After it was over, she understood why it's considered an iconic film.

Last night's viewing has made me move THE TERMINATOR to the top of the Cameron list (above THE ABYSS). It's just such a lean, mean movie with excellent action, great characters, and a tight script.

Comment

Working...
                                X