Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haim/Werewolf-brofist
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• THE WOLVERINE

In a Summer of too many films that devolve into CGI orgies of excess, it was refreshing to see a superhero film that kept things focused on character and real world actions. Sure, there's some CGI in the film (the Silver Samurai at the end, for instance), but it's not done to be showy...it's done to serve the story.

Very solid film with good acting and action. It also has a legitimate character arc to it, granting it more weight that the standard fare.

Good film. Recommended.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• My wife saw it and said it was ok but not enough explosions. Point of reference, my wife's favorite flicks are the Lethal Weapon series so that should tell you something.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• The Wolverine.

It's... okay I guess. They REALLY shat the end in the end though. Still better than X3 and Origin, but not as good as First Class. Lack of Kevin Bacon I guess...

GI Joe 2: Cheapo

You know, at least the first had the tongue-in-cheek approach, despite all it's flaw. This one is bad, and worse: cheap looking. And full of major mistakes:
          Killing Tatum was mistake numero 1.
          Removing 98% of the cast because obviously they didn't have the budget and replacing them with nobodies*: numero 2. Removing the comic-book aspect and replace it with "pseudo-grit": numero 3.
          Fucking with Storm Shadow and making him a pussy: numero 4.
          That final battle? Shot in my backyard with 2 tanks, the Rock and 6 stuntmen. Bland.

It's not a terrible flick: just bad enough to make the first shine despite the Wayans in it!

* Except THE ROCK. But even injecting him didn't manage to save this from being bleh.
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• The ninja cliff battle was pretty damned sweet, though.
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Byzantium.

A pretty solid gothic horror film with a really stellar cast.

How it weaves the past of the main characters into the present is handled quite well. This being a Neil Jordan film, these scenes were in the same wheelhouse as Interview with a Vampire and were the highlight of the film.

It does veer dangerously close to ridiculousness in the end, only to reach an emotional catharsis for the Ronan/Arterton characters regarding their incredibly insular way of living.

Arterton steals the show by the way.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                Silver Bullet. Yep, still enjoyed it. So many awesome people in this that I completely forgot about. I STILL WANT A SILVER BULLET FOR MYSELF.
                You didn't make lemonade in your pants, did you?

I watched Zodiac. Fantastic movie. Even better now that I live in the Bay Area and recognize the places.
                Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• The Ninth Configuration.

Such a wonderful film.

Character actors everywhere, each crazier than the next, all spouting incredibly quotable dialogue like they were in some forgotten Marx Brothers farce, all a part of a military insane asylum in a relocated castle in the Pacific Northwest. Jason Miller in particular slays every time he appears.

Laughs are hand, feels are felt, bikers are shown the door with extreme prejudice, and crises of faith are ended in the most surreal ways.

This thing had everything, man.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• NotLD on blu at the cabin. Fuck the guys who re-did this and the fact that it's what they wanted.

SO GODDAMN BLUE, it drowns out EVERYTHING.

Glad I own it, since haha to youse who didn't buy it when it was for sale, but fuck.

still annoyed I had Savini personalize my dvd for Ceej. he has the superior transfer.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                      The Ninth Configuration.

Such a wonderful film.

Character actors everywhere, each crazier than the next, all spouting incredibly quotable dialogue like they were in some forgotten Marx Brothers farce, all a part of a military insane asylum in a relocated castle in the Pacific Northwest. Jason Miller in particular slays every time he appears.

Laughs are hand, feels are felt, bikers are shown the door with extreme prejudice, and crises of faith are ended in the most surreal ways.

This thing had everything, man.
                      Totes agrees.
                      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                        The Ninth Configuration.

Laughs are hand
                        Meant to say 'had' there. I guess the barroom scene was still on the brain.

Also: dat Howie scream.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Wayne's World.

As a nostalgic and self-aware ride it still hits more than misses. Behind every dated catchphrase there stands a clever or absurd gag, like the product placement skewer or Alice Cooper's educational pow wow at an aftershow party or the numerous fourth wall breaks.
                          Last edited by Captain Russ; 08-10-2013, 11:21 AM.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Love Wayne's World. So much. However, I think I may like the second more if only for Ric Olie.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Del was the GOAT.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Wayne's World 2 and Mighty Ducks 2 go hand in hand for me. Both sequels to movies I loved as a kid that never quite got up there again, BUT, both gave us awesome things:

Del and the Knuckle Puck.

Comment

Working...
                                X