Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
    And Slugworth was in it! I knew that motherfucker was a Nazi.
    He did follow Herr Wonka's orders to the letter, didn't he?
    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Augustus Gloop shoulda been Kidolph.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Shaun of the Dead / Hot Fuzz / The World's End

Back-to-back, culminating with a midnight screening of TWE. All I'll say is, it matches the standard they set with the first two. It's very funny and both Pegg and Frost are awesome. Pegg especially is never as good as when in Wright's hands. There's a fight in a pub bathroom about 1/3rd into the film that is just plain awesome.

Shaun is still my favourite, but the whole night flew by and there were a lot of laughs all the way through. If you dig what these guys do, you won't be disappointed.
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
          Shaun of the Dead / Hot Fuzz / The World's End

Back-to-back, culminating with a midnight screening of TWE. All I'll say is, it matches the standard they set with the first two. It's very funny and both Pegg and Frost are awesome. Pegg especially is never as good as when in Wright's hands. There's a fight in a pub bathroom about 1/3rd into the film that is just plain awesome.

Shaun is still my favourite, but the whole night flew by and there were a lot of laughs all the way through. If you dig what these guys do, you won't be disappointed.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
            Shaun of the Dead / Hot Fuzz / The World's End

I still say you're a cunt

Comment

• I'm gonna allow this.
              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I apologize for my ill-tempered fellow forumite. Ya know how he gets when his blood is up.

Pacific Rimjob.

While it had a charm to it that was sorely lacking in the rest of the summer's offerings, there were a couple of things that didn't exactly win me over.

Charlie Day was borderline grating in his introduction. I didn't feel the need to be screeched at right off the bat.

The other being the oft-cited lack of character building. I mean the burgeoning romance between the Gipsy pilots was fine and fit the storytelling tropes being explored, BUT del Toro introduces his usual card stock cool characters piloting the other hunters only to have them swept aside without much to show for it. Their exits needed to sting and fell short as a result of the aforementioned lack of build.

Other than that, it felt like the sort of summer moobie nerd ass mothers deserve. Fun even in grim times, there was urgency and danger by the metric ton, and there were some great showcases of creature design meeting ironclad concept art. All of it crafted with love and affection for the genre. Whoever went to see Grown Ups 2 instead of this should be chemically castrated.
                Last edited by Captain Russ; 07-19-2013, 04:54 PM.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                  Whoever went to see Grown Ups 2 instead of this should be chemically castrated.
                  Exactly. I was joking that the ventilation vents should have spread some castrating gas, but when I think of it, I wasn't joking.

I really wanted to know more of the Russian crew. They looked kickass.
                  BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                    Exactly. I was joking that the ventilation vents should have spread some castrating gas, but when I think of it, I wasn't joking
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgCbegtw0JM

And yes, I want Pacific Rim comics to tell us the story we didn't get. So much wasted potential with the other two crews.

Comment

• Only God Forgives

What. In. The. Fuck?

Refn is awesome. Also, insane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                        Only God Forgives

What. In. The. Fuck?

Refn is awesome. Also, insane.

I got to see this the same day as I saw Mangold's latest.

Fucking loved this, but I get the complaints. That being said, this movie wipes its ass with your doubts.
                        Last edited by Anderson; 07-19-2013, 11:04 PM.
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Hate you both. Living in BFE I'm sure ill be waiting until DVD.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                            Hate you both. Living in BFE I'm sure ill be waiting until DVD.
                            Not that I condone such things but it has leaked in pretty high quality on the BT sites, or so I hear.
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                              I got to see this the same day as I saw Mangold's latest.

Fucking loved this, but I get the complaints. That being said, this movie wipes its ass with your doubts.
                              I'm in the same boat. I get it, but HOLY SHIT.

Refn is awesome. Also awesome: Cliff Martinez.

Comment

• So it's good then? The longer trailer that sets up the story properly and ends with Gosling and the Thai guy circling each other is one my favourites doing the rounds right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X