Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The minions are awesome. And I love Gru or whatever. Carrell's voice work makes me laugh. That being said, it's no Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. That movie surprised the hell out of me at how funny it was.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I could not muster a single smile out of the entire thing. It was an exercise in how far will Bill go for a girl.

Comment

• I was pretty meh on the first one as well. The wife loved it, so taking her to see the sequel was really one of those 'one for me, one for her' kinda deals. As such, I was really surprised at how much I liked the sequel. There are some genuinely funny moments in here that had me laughing pretty hard, usually due to the minions.

You can totally wait for DVD/blu ray on this one, but if you're FORCED to go to see it, you'll survive and probably enjoy the experience.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post

You can totally wait for DVD/blu ray on this one, but if you're FORCED to go to see it, you'll survive and probably enjoy the experience.
          She mentioned me taking her to see it. I mentioned Pacific Rim and a blow job.

We haven't seen it yet.

Comment

• Well, I'm kinda lucky that my wife actually thinks that PACIFIC RIM looks like it could be pretty cool. I might be able to talk her into seeing it after all.
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• And the beej?
              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I'm a very, very happy guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                  DESPICABLE ME 2.

Liked it more than the first one. Pretty solid flick with quite a few laughs in it. I'm not surprised that it's cleaning up at the box office at all.

If you liked the first one, you'll like this one.
                  Nice! I really liked the first!
                  BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                    She mentioned me taking her to see it. I mentioned Pacific Rim and a blow job.

We haven't seen it yet.
                    That would make it a Pacific Rim Job, no?
                    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Battleship. I know, I know. You all warned me. But my brother told me for all its many flaws, it was an effects laden romp with some cool action that was mildly amusing enough that he actually enjoyed it. DVR'd it off HBO, so it didn't cost extra. So there's that. But my GOD what a steaming pile of fail. Plot: stupid. Acting: stupid. Dialogue: BEYOND stupid. Aliens: made the alien idiots from ID4 look like Geniuses levels of stupid. Hopping amphibious alien attack craft? Dropping anchor on a speeding battleship? Defeating aliens with a 70 year old conventional warfare arsenal? Wasting the talent that is Liam Neeson? The only thing I found even halfway amusing was their incorporating the old game pieces into the film (the mortar like rounds the alien ships fired, hedgehog missle style, at the naval vessels).
                      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                        Battleship. I know, I know. You all warned me. But my brother told me for all its many flaws, it was an effects laden romp with some cool action that was mildly amusing enough that he actually enjoyed it. DVR'd it off HBO, so it didn't cost extra. So there's that. But my GOD what a steaming pile of fail. Plot: stupid. Acting: stupid. Dialogue: BEYOND stupid. Aliens: made the alien idiots from ID4 look like Geniuses levels of stupid. Hopping amphibious alien attack craft? Dropping anchor on a speeding battleship? Defeating aliens with a 70 year old conventional warfare arsenal? Wasting the talent that is Liam Neeson? The only thing I found even halfway amusing was their incorporating the old game pieces into the film (the mortar like rounds the alien ships fired, hedgehog missle style, at the naval vessels).
                        Exploding beer cans as principal munition. That's the pinnacle of alien tech...

Monsters University

A harmless, minor Pixar movie. Comapred to the recent Brave, it's bad, and compared to the original (one of my favorite Pixar), it's garbage, but my son loved it and we had fun. Saw it in French cause of him, and what did you know: Charlie Day's purple character is voiced in French by George St-Pierre.

Wrap your head around that.

Now my inheritor wants to sww Turbo (looks cute), Planes (fuuuuuuuck), Wolverine ( He's likes Wolverine. But it ain't theater worthy for me....) and motherfucking PACIFIC RIM, with daddy!

Son, this will be your first real theater movie. That's a promise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          and motherfucking PACIFIC RIM, with daddy!

Today, we are cancelling puberty!

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                            Now my inheritor wants to sww Turbo (looks cute), Planes (fuuuuuuuck), Wolverine ( He's likes Wolverine. But it ain't theater worthy for me....) and motherfucking PACIFIC RIM, with daddy!

Good. You're raising the child well, Iggy.

Of course, a trip to the local toy emporium afterwards is a necessity. Gotta get them Pacific Rim toys to renact the scenes with Daddy, leading to more father-son bonding, leading to tighter family bonds, leading to fond reminiscing when you're much older, leading to that perfect Hallmark moment.
                            Last edited by Timothy225; 07-10-2013, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                              Good. You're raising the child well, Iggy.
                              Iggy?

Did you just let out the secret that Iggy and Martin are one and the same??????

Comment

• If only I had the salary of a lawyer....

Comment

Working...
                                X