Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you guys haven't ever seen it yet, Miami Connection is finally on instant.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The Dallas Connection sadly is not on instant.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Went to see MAN OF STEEL again, this time with my other brother (he hadn't seen it yet). I still like it, but holy cow does it go into FX overload in the last act. It's really a tad too much.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• The Campaign. What a middle of the road flick. It had its funny parts: the Asian maid, Zach's kids's confessions ("I went to the petting zoo and let the goat suck on my penis"), Will Ferrell's freakout in the woods, and Dylan McDermott. But for the most part it was just kind of coasting.

It felt like it would have been a hilarious set of sketches but as a movie it didn't really work.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I totally forgot I saw that movie. I agree with you. Moments of genius, long stretches of meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh

Comment

• You know what kills The Campaign? The last 10 minutes. So reductive and diluted that they stole all the humour and - more importantly - sting from the previous 90.

Zach G and Ferrell are fine, the supporting cast is interesting and the punchlines are solid enough throughout that it was earning a pass, right up until the ending made it stale and forgettable.
              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I still loved the "Put my head in the freezer and fuck me from behind" line

Comment

• There's a really solid, really funny film in there. It's just been fucked by some pussy committee at some point.
                  I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I went old school today, revisiting one of my all-time favorite monster movies.

Bit of a slow burn, but still holds up!

Comment

• Last week:

Man of Steel

Superb piece of dumb entertainment. Loved it.

This is the End.

Fucking hilarious comedy. Loved it. Best Channing Tatum cameo. Ever.

Also: SINKHOLE de Mayo!

Today:

Sinister

Creepy, and well executed. Also, this is what the Winter Soldier was up to these last years?
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Jack the Giant Slayer

A movie who deserves to be a flop. What a pile of shit. I'd feel embarrased for everyone involved if it wasn't for hte fact that they're still more rich than I am.

Jack Reacher

Movie like these reminds me why Tom Cruise is a star. Fantastic. Loved it.

Comment

• I'm on a roll...

Elite Squad 1 and 2

The first movie is a great counterpart to City of God. Uneven, but energetic and full of drive. I liked it, even if it's a rewatch (preparing the table for the unseen sequel).

But the 2nd movie avoids all the pitfalls of the typical sequel and delivers one of the best sequels I've seen, Really really worth your time. Wagner Moura deserves Hollywood screentime.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                            Jack Reacher

Movie like these reminds me why Tom Cruise is a star. Fantastic. Loved it.
                            I love how people are discovering this movie and going 'holy shit, that was actually GREAT!' PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let there be a franchise outta this...
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                              I'm on a roll...

Elite Squad 1 and 2

The first movie is a great counterpart to City of God. Uneven, but energetic and full of drive. I liked it, even if it's a rewatch (preparing the table for the unseen sequel).

But the 2nd movie avoids all the pitfalls of the typical sequel and delivers one of the best sequels I've seen, Really really worth your time. Wagner Moura deserves Hollywood screentime.
                              Good lord is Enemy Within a fantastic film.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• don't think I've seen either. Will have to fix that.

Comment

Working...
                                X