Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DREDD is fucking awesome.

Comment

• yeah it is
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• DREDD and JACK REACHER are probably my favorite films from last year. They're not the best, but they're the most fun.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Right on. Have to add The Raid to that list though.
          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Dredd in Blu is nice on mah TV.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
              Right on. Have to add The Raid to that list though.

Word.
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I just showed Ceej some fights from The Raid tonight and told him he needs to watch it ASAP.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• MAN OF STEEL

To me, this was almost a perfect film. Trim about 10 minutes off of it to tighten the pacing and this would be 10/10. I absolutely loved this. I'm still in a buzz so, when I'm done processing it, I'll elaborate on why I loved it so.

Rob: run, don't walk, to see this thing. Skip the 3D, though.
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• I don't think it's anywhere near perfect, but I agree it left me buzzing in a way Star Trek and Iron Man 3 didn't. They got enough things right in the details that its not just things being blown up, although it is a lot of things blowing up. This is the loudest film I've seen in some time.

The comments coming out of the screening were awesome.

'Epic. Just EPIC.'

'I've never seen a film where as many things blow up.'

'It was stupid. I enjoyed it, but it was so stupid'.

All valid.
                    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Yeah, I don't think I'm spoiling anything when I say that Metropolis is well and truly fucked for the foreseeable future.

Comment

• Yeah, the insurance checks for Metropolis would put most insurance companies out of business.

LOVED:
                        - Great fight scenes. They do go on a tad too long, but they certainly deliver the goods
                        - Russell Crowe. Perfectly cast, and he has so many great moments in this, especially with Amy Adams.
                        - Kevin Costner. Perfectly cast, and he does the heavy lifting with most of the emotional beats. The tornado scene may rub some people the wrong way, but I though it was perfect and thematically consistent.
                        - Diane Lane. Almost as good as Costner.
                        - Henry Cavill. Absolutely nails it, as far as I'm concerned. Some people might claim he's a little stiff, but I think it works perfectly for the character.
                        - Amy Adams. Solid, and doesn't oversell things.
                        - The kinda subplot/sub-conflict between Christopher Meloni and Faora. It was unexpected, and the payoff to it was awesome.
                        - 'This man...is not our enemy'
                        - The score is fantastic. A bit loud, but it worked for me.
                        - The Kryptonian tech. It's well realized and pretty cool looking.

IFFY:
                        - Michael Shannon. He's pretty one-note in this, and it gets tiresome. Also, his line delivery kinda felt off. He's good, just not great.
                        - Lawrence Fishburne. Underused, and he felt kinda shoe-horned in (along with the other Daily Planet staff members) during the big battle.

HATED:
                        - The theatergoer off to our right who wouldn't shut up during the film. Luckily (at least for me), the music drowned her out.
                        - The 3D. Completely unnecessary. I didn't even notice it.

Comment

• TWO MORE HOURS!!!!!
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Also, the decision to show the 'early years' in flashbacks was brilliant. It allows the film to go 'you already know the origin, now here's a highlight reel of the important emotional beats'.

Comment

• Sounds pretty awesome Matt. Probably can't see this until next weekend, but I'm totally pumped!

I wasn't planning on seeing it in 3d since it was post anyway, good to know that it's pointless.

Comment

• I saw This is the End, cause the GF hates Superman and won't go see Man of Steel with me.

If you're into pot, then go see it. It really didn't do much for me. Though there is a funny cameo.
                                Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

Working...
                                X