Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
    Synchedoche, New York.

The first viewing was much more somber than the second. I found much more to genuinely chuckle at and admire in the kafkaesque details of the play's construction. Tom Noonan stole the show this time out.

On this occassion, it was a pitch black comedy with some harsh fucking truth baked in.
    Still need to get around to that one.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I haven't met a single person who has seen it and/or liked it. It is very much a product of Kaufman's ego, but there is quite a bit he leaves up to inference and interpretation that it can color the viewer's perception in a myriad of ways. Basically, you get out of it what you put in.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Cool. It's just one of those that I wanted to see but kept forgetting about for some reason.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Predators.

The Pianist is still pretty awesome in this. Larry Fatburns drags it down still but Cletus Van Damme is still the MVP.

This weekend I caught the middle section of AVP and still can't believe they turned the Predators into fucking NFL linebackers. Predators keeps them lean and mean and it makes a world of difference in buying the FX work.

I still would love a sequel to this as the Predator is still one of my most favorite creatures ever.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            Predators.

The Pianist is still pretty awesome in this. Larry Fatburns drags it down still but Cletus Van Damme is still the MVP.

This weekend I caught the middle section of AVP and still can't believe they turned the Predators into fucking NFL linebackers. Predators keeps them lean and mean and it makes a world of difference in buying the FX work.

I still would love a sequel to this as the Predator is still one of my most favorite creatures ever.
            Totally. Still watch Predator regularly. The pianist was surprisingly good.
            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Predator is an amazing creature design that has sadly been the star of some real shitbombs.

Predators was the Superman Returns of these attempts to get him back in the game. Riding on a tidal wave of nostalgia for the originals it failed to distinguish itself enough to really be anything but a rehash.
              Last edited by Captain Russ; 06-13-2013, 08:33 AM.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I didn't care for PREDATORS all that much. It's decidedly average, pointedly OK, and gloriously MEH. It really should have kicked a lot more ass than it did. I consider it a one and done type of film.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

I haven't met a single person who has seen it and/or liked it. It is very much a product of Kaufman's ego, but there is quite a bit he leaves up to inference and interpretation that it can color the viewer's perception in a myriad of ways. Basically, you get out of it what you put in.
                  I wouldn't say I liked it, but I'd recommend it. I need to see it again (it's been 3 years since my first viewing) and I suspect there's a lot of detail to appreciate once you know what it is.
                  Originally posted by Matt View Post
                  I didn't care for PREDATORS all that much. It's decidedly average, pointedly OK, and gloriously MEH. It really should have kicked a lot more ass than it did. I consider it a one and done type of film.
                  I enjoyed it enough. There are solid moments and a whole lot of promise, but it's lacking any amazing setpieces, where the original had half a dozen and even Predator 2 had a couple, even if they lacked the geographical precision of McTiernan.

I've never put myself through the AvP films (saw bits of the first, whilst internetting and it didn't hold my attention) because, why taint the memory with mediocrity?

I would watch another straight up Predator film, though. I'd love for Old Arnie to cameo in the way he was intended to in Rodriguez's original script.
                  I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                    I need to see it again (it's been 3 years since my first viewing) and I suspect there's a lot of detail to appreciate once you know what it is.
                    Absolutely.

Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                    I enjoyed it enough. There are solid moments and a whole lot of promise, but it's lacking any amazing setpieces, where the original had half a dozen and even Predator 2 had a couple, even if they lacked the geographical precision of McTiernan.
                    Oh no. You said the magick word. Matt has just strangled the nearest person named Stephen.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• What was Arnold's cameo going to be?

And yeah, you nailed it: PREDATORS lacked even ONE amazing set piece. It was all appetizers without a real main course.
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• I believe the Fatburn was to supposed be Dutch.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

Oh no. You said the magick word. Matt has just strangled the nearest person named Stephen.
                          Nah. As much as I hate P2, even I'll admit that it has a couple of standout, memorable moments to it. PREDATORS doesn't have anything at all.

PREDATOR is like that album that you love that is wall to wall hits...all killer, no filler.
                          PREDATOR 2 is like that album that has 1 great song and the rest just suck.
                          PREDATORS is like that album that is full of filler songs. None are good, none are bad, and all are completely unmemorable.

Comment

• that would have been AWESOME. Unless Dutch went crazy too because we know he wouldn't have. He would have just been gearing up for a super arm wrestling handshake.

Philadelphia- Still hits me right in the feels. Jason Robards is a great asshole, Hanks does a phenomenal job, and Denzel seals it.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• He would have probably built an elaborate booby trap revolving around the arm wrestling handshake.

Possibly involving a barbed copy of Over the Top on VHS.
                              Last edited by Captain Russ; 06-13-2013, 12:13 PM.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

He would have probably built an elaborate booby trap revolving around the arm wrestling handshake.

Possibly involving a barbed copy of Over the Top on VHS.
                                *BROFIST*

Comment

Working...
                                X