Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
    Die Hard is not a dumb movie by any stretch. What the fuck Bill?
    Think about the pitch line for Die Hard. That's a fucking DUMB sounding movie. Just as dumb as any FF movie plot. The pitch/idea is dumb. The execution is smart as a whip.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      I'm still unclear what movies the FF are poorly aping with irony?
      The only wink and nod in the whole series is the wink and nod to Tyrese being HOOOOOOOOONGRAY for Paul Walker's cock in the second one.

Comment

• Because it was the progenitor of all the stupid, assy things that came after you think it is dumb. In its historical context, I'd have to disagree.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
          And on FF, I was getting into it with a friend the other day. She was livid that people thought FF6 was smarter movie than Star Trek Into Darkness. I told her to get the fuck over it, because FF6 is without question a smarter movie. It sets out to do one thing, and it executes at the highest level possible at that singular thing. It makes an insane action spectacle, it doesn't insult the viewer, it has likeable characters, and it's not filled with really bad sexist overtones.

Into Darkness thinks it is a super smart film, but is one of the dumbest movies I've ever laid eyes on. It insults the viewer repeatedly with its stupidity, the women in the movie are eye candy or nags, but spends the whole time convincing you it is a genius work with a real message about conflict and government intervention. It's pure shit.

FF embraces what it is, then nails the fucking landing. Think about Die Hard. That's a dumb fucking movie, but everything about Die Hard is executed with just enough skill and self acknowledgement that it's a great time. FF is Die Hard. Star Trek is...I dunno, some fucking Woody Allen piece of shit.
          I agree with this entire paragraph except for the dig against DIE HARD. DH is brilliant: a rock solid script with excellent dialog and a keen sense of humor to it.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• A cop with no shoes fights off a gang of super organized German terrorists on Christmas Eve.

Undercover cop infiltrates a gang of street racers, but struggles with what he believes in.

Could easily be the pitch for a USA UP! All Night direct to VHS movie. Again, the movie isn't dumb. The basic premise is dumb. The execution makes a really silly idea into something great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
              Am I the only one in here who fancies Carey Mulligan and doesn't care about the Fast and Furious movies?
              Sally Sparrow's cute. Fast and Furries I could give less than a ratfuck about.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                I agree with this entire paragraph except for the dig against DIE HARD. DH is brilliant: a rock solid script with excellent dialog and a keen sense of humor to it.
                Again, the pitch. The tag line. The idea. Dumb dumb dumb. Script, performances, direction turn Die Hard into a classic.

Comment

• Speaking of ST:ID: A bunch of my friends and coworkers have seen it, and most of them loved it. They didn't understand my extreme dislike for it.

Then, they stewed on the film for a while.

Now, a bunch of them have come up to me going 'yeah, you're right. It really was pretty damned stupid'.

COME INTO THE LIGHT!!!
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    Word Matt. Fuck your couch, Billy.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

Word Matt. Fuck your couch, Billy.
                      Forest for the trees, ya'll.

Comment

Again, the pitch. The tag line. The idea. Dumb dumb dumb. Script, performances, direction turn Die Hard into a classic.
                        A lot of things sound dumb when condensed into their logline.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

And on FF, I was getting into it with a friend the other day. She was livid that people thought FF6 was smarter movie than Star Trek Into Darkness. I told her to get the fuck over it, because FF6 is without question a smarter movie. It sets out to do one thing, and it executes at the highest level possible at that singular thing. It makes an insane action spectacle, it doesn't insult the viewer, it has likeable characters, and it's not filled with really bad sexist overtones.

Into Darkness thinks it is a super smart film, but is one of the dumbest movies I've ever laid eyes on. It insults the viewer repeatedly with its stupidity, the women in the movie are eye candy or nags, but spends the whole time convincing you it is a genius work with a real message about conflict and government intervention. It's pure shit.

FF embraces what it is, then nails the fucking landing. Think about Die Hard. That's a dumb fucking movie, but everything about Die Hard is executed with just enough skill and self acknowledgement that it's a great time. FF is Die Hard. Star Trek is...I dunno, some fucking Woody Allen piece of shit.

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                          hahaha. <3
                          YEP

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                          A cop with no shoes fights off a gang of super organized German terrorists on Christmas Eve.

Undercover cop infiltrates a gang of street racers, but struggles with what he believes in.

Could easily be the pitch for a USA UP! All Night direct to VHS movie. Again, the movie isn't dumb. The basic premise is dumb. The execution makes a really silly idea into something great.

Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                          Sally Sparrow's cute. Fast and Furries I could give less than a ratfuck about.
                          RERS. You are on the list now.
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• We are all missing the point here. The FF series is in no way direct to dvd quality.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

A lot of things sound dumb when condensed into their logline.
                              That's my point. Since Bobby is pretty much only familiar with the logline of "cars go fast then cars go boom" I'm trying to make the point that really simple and dumb ideas can produce incredible results.

Comment

Forest for the trees, ya'll.
                                Commando would fit your analogy better.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X