Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The FF movies are awesome on blu ray. Except the 4th. I really don't like that one.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Oddly enough, the only FF film I haven't seen all the way through is FF4.

The most underrated one of that I've seen is the 3rd one. It seriously has the best driving in the entire series (including F5 and F6).
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Good man, Matt!

I just don't understand the appeal of the whole Fast series. It seems to have gone from borderline direct-to-DVD status around the time of Tokyo Drift to the action connoisseur's franchise of choice in a few years.

Maybe it's being a bit unfair to say this, but they give me a similar vibe to Machete and its ilk - movies that trade on a palpable love of older, better genre films and not much else. I love a bit of disposable action fluff, too; I just don't think these movies work as well as the films they're obviously descended from, when they're delivered with that cloying "nudge nudge, wink wink" irony that a lot of big movies seem to have now.
        "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Bobby: just curious, but have you seen FAST 5 or FURIOUS 6 yet? If not, seriously consider watching FAST 5. It's a definite step up in overall quality from what came before it.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
            I just don't understand the appeal of the whole Fast series. It seems to have gone from borderline direct-to-DVD status around the time of Tokyo Drift to the action connoisseur's franchise of choice in a few years.

Maybe it's being a bit unfair to say this, but they give me a similar vibe to Machete and its ilk - movies that trade on a palpable love of older, better genre films and not much else. I love a bit of disposable action fluff, too; I just don't think these movies work as well as the films they're obviously descended from, when they're delivered with that cloying "nudge nudge, wink wink" irony that a lot of big movies seem to have now.
            hahah, wat?
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
              The most underrated one of that I've seen is the 3rd one. It seriously has the best driving in the entire series (including F5 and F6).
              Totally.

Comment

• Tokyo Drift remains my favorite one. Hoping that the seventh takes place entirely in Tokyo. The aesthetic and driving in Tokyo Drift are great.

And Bobby, the first movie is totally just a trash nonsense movie cashing in a couple years too late on import culture fad. The second is arguably a worse movie, but is so unintentionally HILARIOUS AS FUCK that I think it's just a joy to watch. Tokyo Drift was once the FF movie that people wrote off, but finally people get that Han is the real heart and soul of the series, not Vin and Paul. FF4 is shit. Dour and bleak and not fun. FF5 and 6 are balls to the wall action movies. A review for FF6 said that in the FF world there's no problem that throwing cars at won't fix, with incredible results.

Stop thinking so much, have a pint, and laugh your ass off man. The movies are fun as hell! (also machete sucks stop comparing it to FF)

Comment

• I was hoping that Nerdious would appear after Bobby's post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
                    Am I the only one in here who fancies Carey Mulligan and doesn't care about the Fast and Furious movies?
                    Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                    1. No.
                    2. Fuck yes you commie.
                    Bill's got this one covered.

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                    Tokyo Drift remains my favorite one. Hoping that the seventh takes place entirely in Tokyo. The aesthetic and driving in Tokyo Drift are great.

And Bobby, the first movie is totally just a trash nonsense movie cashing in a couple years too late on import culture fad. The second is arguably a worse movie, but is so unintentionally HILARIOUS AS FUCK that I think it's just a joy to watch. Tokyo Drift was once the FF movie that people wrote off, but finally people get that Han is the real heart and soul of the series, not Vin and Paul. FF4 is shit. Dour and bleak and not fun. FF5 and 6 are balls to the wall action movies. A review for FF6 said that in the FF world there's no problem that throwing cars at won't fix, with incredible results.

Stop thinking so much, have a pint, and laugh your ass off man. The movies are fun as hell! (also machete sucks stop comparing it to FF)
                    GET HIM A BODY BAG!!!
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Plus, the Rock is in absolute top form in the last two FF films. He's absolutely killed it, both in terms of action and in terms of humor. Samoan Thor forever!

Comment

• WORD
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• And on FF, I was getting into it with a friend the other day. She was livid that people thought FF6 was smarter movie than Star Trek Into Darkness. I told her to get the fuck over it, because FF6 is without question a smarter movie. It sets out to do one thing, and it executes at the highest level possible at that singular thing. It makes an insane action spectacle, it doesn't insult the viewer, it has likeable characters, and it's not filled with really bad sexist overtones.

Into Darkness thinks it is a super smart film, but is one of the dumbest movies I've ever laid eyes on. It insults the viewer repeatedly with its stupidity, the women in the movie are eye candy or nags, but spends the whole time convincing you it is a genius work with a real message about conflict and government intervention. It's pure shit.

FF embraces what it is, then nails the fucking landing. Think about Die Hard. That's a dumb fucking movie, but everything about Die Hard is executed with just enough skill and self acknowledgement that it's a great time. FF is Die Hard. Star Trek is...I dunno, some fucking Woody Allen piece of shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                            FF is Die Hard. Star Trek is...I dunno, some fucking Woody Allen piece of shit.
                            hahaha. <3

Comment

• I'm still unclear what movies the FF are poorly aping with irony?

Comment

• Die Hard is not a dumb movie by any stretch. What the fuck Bill?
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X