Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
    The Room. Oh my god, it lived up to the hype. Tommy Wiseau really isn't of this planet, is he?
    yessssss

That movie is "great".
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I still think you're beautiful, Carey (and a very fine actress!)

I watched The Hunt last night. Expectations were high after all the great reviews and I wasn't disappointed. Mikkelsen was impressive; he earns our interest and affection with subtlety, making the character's ordeal much more engrossing than it would have been in the hands of a showier, more "actorly" actor.

It will probably be a little too muted and "art house" for some - I doubt a mainstream Hollywood version would underplay some of the tragic elements the way this film does - but that's a strength rather than a failing, as you'll discover if you stick with it past the necessarily slow opening. Since I feel like giving out scores today, I'll give it a solid 4/5.
      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Is that the one by the Festen guy? Cos Festen was amazing.
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Fast Five. Enjoyed the fuck outta myself.

On Demand's got all the F&F films, so I'm thinkin' marathon, followed by F&F6 next week.

Comment

• Do it. I just did the first 4 back-to-back and had a blast. Five and Six are easily the best though.
            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Exit Through the Gift Shop

Every last little bit of this film is great. Banksy's really funny, it's saying something about art and hype, but from an interesting enough perspective that it still feels fresh and it gets in and out within 85 minutes. Above all, it's just really, really entertaining.

Comment

Is that the one by the Festen guy? Cos Festen was amazing.
                It would appear so! I watched it based on the strong word-of-mouth and it's definitely a powerful look at some uncomfortable subject matter.
                "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Ben's gonna convince me to buy the FF movies on blu ray, I can feel it.

Dammit.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Exit Through the Gift Shop

Every last little bit of this film is great. Banksy's really funny, it's saying something about art and hype, but from an interesting enough perspective that it still feels fresh and it gets in and out within 85 minutes. Above all, it's just really, really entertaining.
                    Mr. Brainwash is such a tool. So is Shepard Fairey.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Am I the only one in here who fancies Carey Mulligan and doesn't care about the Fast and Furious movies?

Comment

• I'm with you on Carey Mulligan, Bobby. I find her very attractive in a GND kinda way.
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I don't even know who Carey Mulligan is but FF is awesome.

Comment

• just did a google image search. Nope, doesn't do anything for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                              Ben's gonna convince me to buy the FF movies on blu ray, I can feel it.

Dammit.
                              I don't see what the problem is.
                              Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
                              Am I the only one in here who fancies Carey Mulligan and doesn't care about the Fast and Furious movies?

I suggest you leave, Buster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
                                Am I the only one in here who fancies Carey Mulligan and doesn't care about the Fast and Furious movies?
                                1. No.
                                2. Fuck yes you commie.

Comment

Working...
                                X