Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a Goonies fan either.
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
      Goonies is shit, brah.

Nope. Can't agree. One of those films that doesn't annoy me like the rest of you. Obviously it's mostly nostalgia, but I honestly enjoy the flick.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Don't really like The Goonies, but again, I still like The Last Starfighter, so I can't really bitch about these kids and the mutant retard, can I?
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• The Last Starfighter is another great flick.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSsssssss.....revel in your hatred of THE GOONIES...I can FEEEL your hatred....

I like THE LAST STARFIGHTER. It's not great but it's pretty solid.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
              I watched THE GOONIES the other night. Man, I do not remember basically every line if dialogue being screamed by basically everyone except Samwise. There's just constant yelling. I still like the Goldberg devices and adventure but, holy crap, shut the hell up already.
              Nails on a fucking chalkboard, man. That constant yelling is beyond tiresome.
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Last Starfighter is great.

Comment

• In fact, it's ripe for a reboot. With today's FX, it could be awesome.

Comment

• Instead of an arcade game it would be a fucking smartphone app.

NO REMAKE.

Comment

• Bah, I would live with it being a Xbox I guess.

Comment

• THE LAST STARFIGHTER was of its time, made during the era of the ARCADE. That's an important factor in the plot and in the overall atmosphere of the film. Changing the 'Starfighter' game to an XBOX game or a smartphone app defeats gets rid of one of the crucial plot points of the film: that particular arcade cabinet wasn't supposed to even be at the trailer part where Alex lived. That little bit of serendipity is crucial to the theme of the film. Giving everyone on the planet instant access to the game on an XBOX removes that thematic element, cheapening the film.

Don't remake it. Leave it be.

Comment

• I kinda agree, but I'd still redo those FX, if anything.

Comment

• Must respectfully disagree with you, Martin. I'd leave it alone, as is. Screw with it now, and you lose it's charm, even with upgrading the FX.

Comment

• You know what, I'd remake the whole thing, but still set it in the 80s. Evryone wins. Cause while I still love it, holy shit did it aged badly.

Comment

• MAYBE YOU AGED BADLY MAN!!
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X