Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Is 40. Very long. Kinda uneven. Not sure what I think.
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• So typical Apatow, better if he would hire an editor?

Comment

• Thought This is 40 was really unfunny for like 90% of the time and completely forgettable.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I heard THIS IS 40 really sucked from several people. No interest in seeing it.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• The people that told me they really enjoyed it are people that make me think it's shit on a stick.

Comment

• It also felt like 4 fucking hours.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                Thought This is 40 was really unfunny for like 90% of the time and completely forgettable.
                Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                It also felt like 4 fucking hours.
                Both of these. Nathan vetoed watching Lincoln because it was "8 hours long". After watching This is 40, I kinda wish we had just watched Lincoln. The slavery and bloody civil unrest would have been upbeat in comparison.
                Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• LINCOLN is excellent and well worth the time spent viewing it.
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    LINCOLN is excellent and well worth the time spent viewing it.
                    Yeeeeeeeeahhhh but This is 40 is a sensorial experimentation of the painful years of slavery all condensed into a 2 hours format.
                    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Lincoln is well worth watching for a) an incredible piece of writing, b) DDL and c) Tommy Lee Jones.

This Is 40 has nothing to touch any of that.
                      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                        Thought This is 40 was really unfunny for like 90% of the time and completely forgettable.
                        THIS. Went w/ a bunch of my wife's relatives to see this, & was bored almost to tears. Thank God we got in free b/c one of her nephews knows a manager at the theatre.
                        I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Oz (Raimi Edition)

I kinda loved it. I don't understand why the press has been down on Franco - I thought he was pretty great. The '39 film is up there as a perfect film for me, a nostalgic favourite and a stunning piece of cinema, so this project seemed like a waste of effort and talent at the get go if it was gonna try and pre-visit such a monumental piece of cinema history.

It doesn't come close overall, but it was thrilling to see Raimi let loose with the universe and the cinematic toolbox. The climax was one of the most visually exciting and narratively satisfying I can think of in a recent film of this budget. There are also some wonderfully-Raimi touchstones and the kind of effective jolts that he employed in the birth of the tentacles sequence in Spiderman 2.

Refreshingly, the women are arguably given the most interesting roles and its both unsurprising and tantalising that Kunis, Williams and Weisz fill the parts. Williams especially is ethereally beautiful and quietly effective, but Kunis has some heavy lifting to do that could so easily have slipped into parody and Weisz is both coldly magisterial and frankly stunning.

It does feel a bit long, but it is never dull or insulting; the combination of old school artistry and state of the art effects is fitting and charming; and it's often stunning in its presentation and impressive in its scope. This is about as good as live action family entertainment gets (this side of Life of Pi) and is surely dozens of times more interesting and entertaining than Singer's Jack film is going to be. It feels like it's made in the classic Hollywood style, even if its no stone cold classic itself.
                          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Just took the boy to see that. I liked it, but felt Franco WAS a bit wooden. Ben states much more eloquently the reasons it was good. I'd add one other, though, boorish American that I am:

Mila Kunis in leather pants. Stunning as the cinematography & effects were, that was the most stunning part for me.
                            I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Especially the unnecessary shot of her ass in said pants as she climbs into a hole.

Comment

• What now? We get to see her asshole? I'm in. Literally and figuratively.

Comment

Working...
                                X