Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess I need to see End of Watch.

Comment

• The Warriors.

Pure comic book fantasy Awesome Shithole-Era NYC that is still just as enjoyable as it was the moment I laid eyes on the Wonder Wheel for the first time.

That soundtrack still kicks so much ass. Sending the fracturing band off into the morning sunrise to the sounds of Cocaine Cowboy Joe Walsh's "In the City" remains such a perfect endnote.

The host of Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego is the DJ. This a great thing to me. Sadly, the Barbershop Quartet of Bob Nelsons does not back her play here.

I have a feeling I've commented on a viewing of this previously, but who cares? It's a fun ride.

One more thing: Ajax is the most insecure motherfucker on Earth.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
        The Warriors.

Pure comic book fantasy Awesome Shithole-Era NYC that is still just as enjoyable as it was the moment I laid eyes on the Wonder Wheel for the first time.

That soundtrack still kicks so much ass. Sending the fracturing band off into the morning sunrise to the sounds of Cocaine Cowboy Joe Walsh's "In the City" remains such a perfect endnote.

The host of Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego is the DJ. This a great thing to me. Sadly, the Barbershop Quartet of Bob Nelsons does not back her play here.

I have a feeling I've commented on a viewing of this previously, but who cares? It's a fun ride.

One more thing: Ajax is the most insecure motherfucker on Earth.

"I can dig it!"

Love that movie. Excellent choice, Russ!

Comment

• Some co workers & I started a film club. One guy would pick a film, & we'd all rent/borrow or watch it, and when we'd all seen it, get togetehr over lunch to discuss it. Of the 4 other guys in the group, only one had seen my 1st pick, The Warriors. He was, after all had seen it, the only one besides me that liked it.

This club didn't last long after that.
          I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Sinister. Creepy as fuck and Ethan Hawke rocked it.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I watched STAR WARS for the first time in at least 10 years last night. I finally decided to see how gorgeous it looked on blu ray.

It was BEAUTIFUL.

However...wow. I hate to say it, but the film has not aged well. I don't remember the acting being this awful (I mean really, it's quite stunning how bad the leads are in this). The direction is fairly awful and stilted, and some of the sets really look like cardboard. The movie is saved by the editing, really. It keeps things moving at a nice pace and helps you move past the flaws.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Hey Matt, when that masked man knocks at your door and smashes your toes with a hammer I promise I didn't send him.

I watched the despecialized versions of Star Wars and Empire last week, and I still find Star Wars to be fucking incredible. For purely sitting down and watching enjoyment it will always be my favorite.

Comment

• Nothing about the score?

2/10. Got me to reply.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• well yeah, the score is awesome.

I started TESB immediately afterward...the jump in quality is kinda astounding. The acting is actually solid (the improvement in Ford is really noticeable), the direction has some actual flow to it, and the overall production feels more real. The script actually sounds like dialog, too. It's nearly a perfect film.
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• That's what competence will get ya.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• End of Watch. Really fucking dug this. Especially the ending. Michael Pena is the man.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                          End of Watch. Really fucking dug this. Especially the ending. Michael Pena is the man.
                          Glad most everybody here seemed to like this one. The ads for it did it no justice.
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• It was just a solid flick. No fat whatsoever, did what it needed to do, and have some really good actors/actresses that performed pretty great.

Comment

• Agreed. *brofist*
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• James & the Giant Peach, with my son. I felt bad I've had my nose buried in work prepping for a monster trial this whole weekend, so when I knocked off today I sat w/ him for a bit past his bedtime. I liked this. Kind of Neil Gaiman-esque, with that whole lost & suffering child discovers a hidden world and the fantastic (in both sense of that word) freinds his reality lacked. The Tim Burton Stop Motion Animation, which somehow turned crawly bugs into loveable characters was spot on as well. Kind of regret never having seen this before.
                                I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

Working...
                                X