Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not great, but not bad. Brolin brings it.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
      Not great, but not bad. Brolin brings it.
      Yep, not bad. TERRIBAD
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
        Brolin is literally the only decent thing about it. Everything else was dogshit. AWWWW HELL NAW covered dogshit.
        Fereal.

There are so many 'not bad' films out there. For the money and talent thrown at this thing, it is indeed bad.

See also: John Carter - not deserving of the forgiveness, yo. DULL.
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Nonesense. I liked.

Comment

• I finally saw Argo and I gotta ask this rhetorically: How is Affleck not up for Best Director? Dude directed the shit out of that movie, but not in a flashy ostentatious 'LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME' way. This movie was lean, tight, completely meat and potatoes. Nothing wasted, no scraps. This movie was wound together tighter than a fucking drum and I have the white knuckles and raised blood pressure to show for it. This was masterfully directed in that Affleck made every frame feel necessary to either advance the story, develop the characters or ratchet up the tension.

So just what about that is not the action of a 'Best Director' nominee? Fucking Academy.

Side tangent: I rented Argo at Blockbuster. Holy shit, just pull the plug already. The store I went into was about as sad and depressing as a leper colony for puppies.
            sigpic
            360: JohnnyChopsocky PSN: Stud_Beefpile

Comment

• I watched ARGO again last night. Agreed, he should have gotten the nod. I don't know how anyone could have done a BETTER job of directing it.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Still my favorite flick of 2012. We'd all like to know how the fuck Affleck (and Bigelow for that matter too!) got snubbed. He's winning the Best Picture Oscar this weekend. All good.

How great is Argo? I was informed by my old man he watched it two nights in a row. That's big for him.
                Originally posted by Ari
                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• TOTAL RECALL (2012), director's cut.

It wasn't terrible, actually. The production design is fantastic and some of the action sequences are pretty well done (the car chase was cool and the elevator sequence had some skill to it). I enjoyed the plot for what it was...I did some research after viewing it and discovered that it was a smart move to watch the director's cut as it restores most of the crucial plot elements which made the story interesting in the first place.

I don't ever need to see it again, but I don't regret the time spent watching this.
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                    Still my favorite flick of 2012. We'd all like to know how the fuck Affleck (and Bigelow for that matter too!) got snubbed. He's winning the Best Picture Oscar this weekend. All good.

How great is Argo? I was informed by my old man he watched it two nights in a row. That's big for him.
                    I still like it, despite the fucking 3rd act (heck, the movie) being fiction.

I still think Argo, if it wins the Best Movie Oscar, should be classified as one of the weaker entry like Shakespeare in Love and so on.

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    TOTAL RECALL (2012), director's cut.

It wasn't terrible, actually. The production design is fantastic and some of the action sequences are pretty well done (the car chase was cool and the elevator sequence had some skill to it). I enjoyed the plot for what it was...I did some research after viewing it and discovered that it was a smart move to watch the director's cut as it restores most of the crucial plot elements which made the story interesting in the first place.

I don't ever need to see it again, but I don't regret the time spent watching this.
                    Yup. Great looking movie, and I'll have to see the DC just for the kicks of it.

Comment

• End of Watch

Goddamn harrowing. Great performances all around, and the cinematography turns what would be normally slightly tense sequences into hold-your-breath stuff.

I almost consider it a companion piece to The Shield, stuff that happened after the end of that series.
                      sigpic
                      360: JohnnyChopsocky PSN: Stud_Beefpile

Comment

• Originally posted by Master Shake View Post
                        End of Watch

Goddamn harrowing. Great performances all around, and the cinematography turns what would be normally slightly tense sequences into hold-your-breath stuff.

I almost consider it a companion piece to The Shield, stuff that happened after the end of that series.
                        Yeah, just caught that one too. Pretty damned great.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• The last 10 minutes stressed me out like whoa. My wife just looked at me and said "why do you watch shit like is and Southland? You just freak yourself out." I watch because it's good, woman!

Comment

• YEP

Comment

• The Border. A flick from 1982 w/ Nicholson, Keitel & Valerie Perrine. Not a GREAT movie, but pretty damned cool. Well acted, good story, GREAT stunts, esp. the car chase sequences. Very little - if any - extraneous bloat. Good lookin' out by my brother to spot & recommend this one.
                              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                                The Border. A flick from 1982 w/ Nicholson, Keitel & Valerie Perrine. Not a GREAT movie, but pretty damned cool. Well acted, good story, GREAT stunts, esp. the car chase sequences. Very little - if any - extraneous bloat. Good lookin' out by my brother to spot & recommend this one.
                                I concur - been ages since I saw that flick, but Nicholson and Keitel deliver in spades. And how hot was Valerie Perrine back then? Yowza!

Comment

Working...
                                X